DSC01409 (resized).JPG
DSC01435 (resized).JPG
DSC01358 (resized).JPG
DSC01386 (resized).JPG
DSC01387 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01458 (resized).JPG
IMG_9725 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Wheres the love for this game? Had mine for a bit now, and I am really digging the shot layout a lot. Not TOO much stop and go for a Gottlieb. Any one else dig this machine?

It was the last off the assembly line for Gottlieb, and its got to be one of their most polished offerings in terms of layout and playfield design. Stargate feels cramped shot wise compared to this.

I havent made it to the end of the software yet, is there a wizard mode? I think I recall hearing that Stargate was the only system 3 with a true wizard mode. Am I wrong?

Any way, share your thoughts on the machine owners. Shot of my machine below. She shines with LEDs.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5 8 years ago

Morning bump.

#7 8 years ago

Nice! Ya post em up!

Just thinking, there isnt much space on this pin for mods.

Also, the playfield models are pretty freakin detailed, specifically the center garbage dump/dozer area. I was looking close at it last night.

#10 8 years ago

Waterworld is fun for a bit. Sinking the deez gets a little tiring though and no ramps kills the pin. If the pin had one freakin ramp it would kick it up a notch. Software is the other knock on ww.

As for BW software, after looking at the rule sheet it looks to not be balanced very well. The guy basically says all modes but one are useless.

2 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

This game really has no room or need for mods, its so jam packed with molded figures and scenery. Where would you even put anything? Only thing I can think of could be a triumph some where.

#29 8 years ago

woah nippies!

#32 8 years ago

Dude, mark that explicit or remove it, dont get our club locked up.

#36 8 years ago

Just set the #1 high score on here. Lets go boys, play your machines.

Still havent hit the wizard mode yet. Had it lit, couldnt deliver. Epic haywire bonus of 990m.

#41 8 years ago

Correct, its not supposed to make it around and over the the flipper on auto launch.

1 month later
#42 8 years ago

Still waiting for some one to beat my score......

This machine will be with me another couple months. I am working on getting to the wizard mode, then I will be done with it. Love borrowing machines!

1 week later
#44 8 years ago

Im on my phone, hard to check. Look at my profile.

1 year later
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

I'm in... Just picked up a nice one. Fun, but set way too easy right now. Gonna have to make some adjustments!
...and BTW, who makes a decent LED kit for Ms. Pamela?

My machine (first post) is full LED. I think it looks pretty great.

1 month later
#54 6 years ago

I really wish I had time and money to re-theme and re-rule this game.

Id also like to make that 5 bank stand up bank motorized.

Make the shots specific for jackpot. Hit all 5 targets, bank drops. Shoot the left ramp, ball diverts to top left flipper, make the jackpot shot to a small target between two larger kicking targets. Shot MUST be made in that sequence kind of like the WOZ witch melt shot.

Lots of potential. The game flows pretty well. Wish the holes were not so big lol.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Anybody on how to get into the game adjustments and diagnostics? I don't have a manual and hard to find any system 3 manual on line. Am I missing something? I am used to having the buttons on the coin door.

I havent had any system 3's open in a while, cuz theyre so reliable, BUT, I think there is a button inside the door, and then you use the flippers to navigate it.

5 years later
#105 1 year ago

Nice!

Man, I wish they would have made that target bank on the right drop down or something. The lens toy is so useless and dumb. So much wasted space.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yeah, the "lens thing" is odd. How Gottlieb put it together was even more odd. It doesn't bug me though. Part of the Gottlieb charm I guess.

For sure. I just see potential to open the game up a bit and make it do more. All their system 3s seem to have spots that could be used. Ive got a plan for a sf2 “upmake”. Need to find a playfield…

#109 1 year ago

Aw man, its converted to williams flippers or what? I actually really dug the way a freddy shot with williams flippers.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from ledge:

williams flippers on a gottlieb machine.

Ya! Ive seen this before. Some at the pinball hall of fame in vegas had them. I liked it! Gottlieb catch alls feel so weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-barbwire-welcome-to-steel-harbor?tu=Chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.