DSC01409 (resized).JPG
DSC01435 (resized).JPG
DSC01358 (resized).JPG
DSC01386 (resized).JPG
DSC01387 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01458 (resized).JPG
IMG_9725 (resized).JPG

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

I'm in... Just picked up a nice one. Fun, but set way too easy right now. Gonna have to make some adjustments!
...and BTW, who makes a decent LED kit for Ms. Pamela?

My machine (first post) is full LED. I think it looks pretty great.

1 month later
#52 6 years ago

Just joined the Barb Wire club yesterday. I scored a nice one. I have played about 10 games on it and pleasantly surprised how much fun it is and what a nice looking pin too. Can't wait to load it up with leds!

#53 6 years ago

I've got a really nice HUO Barb Wire for sale if anyone is looking. Asking $2000. Located in Chicago.

#54 6 years ago

I really wish I had time and money to re-theme and re-rule this game.

Id also like to make that 5 bank stand up bank motorized.

Make the shots specific for jackpot. Hit all 5 targets, bank drops. Shoot the left ramp, ball diverts to top left flipper, make the jackpot shot to a small target between two larger kicking targets. Shot MUST be made in that sequence kind of like the WOZ witch melt shot.

Lots of potential. The game flows pretty well. Wish the holes were not so big lol.

#55 6 years ago

I have never had a gottlieb before this one. How do you get into the game adjustments menu? With the flipper buttons?

#56 6 years ago

Anybody on how to get into the game adjustments and diagnostics? I don't have a manual and hard to find any system 3 manual on line. Am I missing something? I am used to having the buttons on the coin door.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Anybody on how to get into the game adjustments and diagnostics? I don't have a manual and hard to find any system 3 manual on line. Am I missing something? I am used to having the buttons on the coin door.

I havent had any system 3's open in a while, cuz theyre so reliable, BUT, I think there is a button inside the door, and then you use the flippers to navigate it.

1 week later
#58 6 years ago

When I got barb wire it was in tournament mode and I turned it off to go into test mode and now it won't go back into tournament mode. Also, the coin switches do not work so I can't put credits on it so therefore not able to start a game. I think the coin door switch does not close as well. When I am in switch test mode, should the coin door open switch and the start button register when I press it? Can anybody post a pic of the lamp and switch matrix? I do not have a manual and not available on line. Thanks in advance for any help cuz I am I am stumped.

#59 6 years ago

Hi all, my parent's are looking to sell their Barb Wire and asked me to help them out. We had it fixed a few years ago and was running wonderfully when I played it. Currently the bottom 2 flippers are not working. You can hear the solenoids fire, but only slight movement from them. I unfortunately am not an expert on fixing them and so told them I will try to sell it as is. I have attached a quick photo. If any of you are wishing to purchase it as is and would like more info, please PM me. Thanks!

IMG_20170630_003856 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_003856 (resized).jpg

#60 6 years ago

I am still hoping for somebody to post a pic or diagram of the barb wire lamp and switch matrix, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 weeks later
#61 6 years ago

I have a question about the lens mechanism. Mine seems to work in gameplay but in test mode, only lens coil 3 fires. Should they all fire in test mode? I never saw another mechanism with 3 coils joined together like that before.

IMG_1046 (resized).JPGIMG_1046 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago

I have a question about the lens mechanism. Mine seems to work in gameplay but in test mode, only lens coil 3 fires. Should they all fire in test mode? I never saw another mechanism with 3 coils joined together like that before.

3 weeks later
#63 6 years ago

If it works in gameplay why would you even worry about test mode?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

If it works in gameplay why would you even worry about test mode?

I think it works properly but there is 3 coils and not really sure if all 3 coils fire in game mode.

#65 6 years ago

Mine works in test mode the same way yours does, i can slightly hear a buzzing sound when you press the test button, so i would say yours is working as it should.

Quoted from Don44:I have a question about the lens mechanism. Mine seems to work in gameplay but in test mode, only lens coil 3 fires. Should they all fire in test mode? I never saw another mechanism with 3 coils joined together like that before.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Mine works in test mode the same way yours does, i can slightly hear a buzzing sound when you press the test button, so i would say yours is working as it should.

Ok, thanks.

7 months later
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwartzarooni:

Hi all, my parent's are looking to sell their Barb Wire and asked me to help them out. We had it fixed a few years ago and was running wonderfully when I played it. Currently the bottom 2 flippers are not working. You can hear the solenoids fire, but only slight movement from them. I unfortunately am not an expert on fixing them and so told them I will try to sell it as is. I have attached a quick photo. If any of you are wishing to purchase it as is and would like more info, please PM me. Thanks!

Still available?

#68 5 years ago

Bought mine 2 months ago. True HUO, looks like it just came out of box!

11 months later
#69 4 years ago

Finished a full playfield teardown on mine, with all LEDs and made a set of poor mans stadium lights. Bringing it to the Ohio show for sale.

20190325_215839 (resized).jpg20190325_215839 (resized).jpg20190325_215846 (resized).jpg20190325_215846 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#70 4 years ago

Just found the club. I have one in my collection and I'm hanging on to it.

Crlush saw your machine at the Ohio pinball...I think. Been to a few lately, or was it allentown. Every time I walked by it, I commented damn I'd like to make mine look this great. Excellent choice on your led lighting and your poor man stadium lighting makes the play field pop.

Get any bites at the show(s)?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from EddiePi:

Get any bites at the show(s)?

Yes I ended up selling it, wish I still had it but saving for something new, just cant make up my mind.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I ended up selling it, wish I still had it but saving for something new, just cant make up my mind.

The game looks nice, but it sure looks like you used bright white LEDs on the playfield and warm lighting for the translite, which in my opinion just doesn't look right together. Did it look different in person?

2 months later
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The game looks nice, but it sure looks like you used bright white LEDs on the playfield and warm lighting for the translite, which in my opinion just doesn't look right together. Did it look different in person?

I have her in my basement now. I updated the lighting behind the backglass. This is a BEAUTIFUL GAME.

D269BC3B-5634-4D11-BC3F-FEFB7D03F42A (resized).jpegD269BC3B-5634-4D11-BC3F-FEFB7D03F42A (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#74 4 years ago

I’m gonna be listing Barb Wire tomorrow if any of you are interested first.

5 months later
#75 3 years ago

I'm looking at one on craigslist for this game. Is it fun and give you lots of gameplay? Or does it get repetitive quickly.

#76 3 years ago

I think it's a fun machine. Has some good modes you can get into - some you can gamble your points were especially fun. It's one of the highest scoring machines I ever had. Scores in the billions are pretty normal. The Translight is awesome.

These games are a lot of "Bang for the Buck."

I wish I still had mine.

#77 3 years ago

I had a good working one for years, never had a problem with it, later i tore it down and shopped-led it out and regreted selling it, it played alot better with a flipper rebuild. Like it was mentioned there a good bang for the buck, alot of multiball modes, wish they would have stayed in business longer (they might have put more into the code.

#78 3 years ago

code?? a few of there later games had lots of bugs.

1 week later
#79 3 years ago

Need help with opto board

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Finished a full playfield teardown on mine, with all LEDs and made a set of poor mans stadium lights. Bringing it to the Ohio show for sale.

What type of LEDs did you use? Are there any mods needed for LEDs? Resistors, lamp board upgrades? I just joined the club.

#81 3 years ago

Can someone post a picture of there opto board with power on?

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What type of LEDs did you use? Are there any mods needed for LEDs? Resistors, lamp board upgrades? I just joined the club.

Cointaker premium frosted cool white on most gi the inserts same on clear inserts and warm white on yellow and red. Used purple and green 4way leds on the purple and green inserts. I didnt do any mods for the leds and it seemed ok. I normally leave the flashers alone unless i want a different color.

#83 3 years ago

Does anyone know how the 2 horizontal smart targets under the retina scan plastic on the left wireform are mounted. Need to replace one and don't have the game here to check

1 month later
#84 3 years ago

I have a weird question. It looks like barb wire comes with 31’’ legs. I have a height problem where i want to put it. Would there be any adverse effects if I put on 27’’ legs?

Thanks

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I have a weird question. It looks like barb wire comes with 31’’ legs. I have a height problem where i want to put it. Would there be any adverse effects if I put on 27’’ legs?
Thanks

The adverse effect is that it will be 4" shorter

I actually have gotten in the habit of putting my DMD games that came with 31" legs on 27" legs. They often feel just way too high up for some reason. When I sell the I tell people they can have the choice of legs they want.

Been thinking of picking up a Barb Wire kind of recently... played one at Pintastic last year and really liked it a lot.

#86 3 years ago

all my Gottliebs are higher than the rest.

#87 3 years ago

The adverse effect is that it will be 4" shorter

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it would play different but i think I’m gonna take the chance.

1 month later
#88 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Barb Wire! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are. If you happen to have a manual could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

1 month later
#89 3 years ago

Picked up my powder coated parts today they look terrific

1F6089F3-CEC5-47F5-9578-237FB3430D7C (resized).jpeg1F6089F3-CEC5-47F5-9578-237FB3430D7C (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#90 3 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

Picked up my powder coated parts today they look terrific
[quoted image]

Look nice, which ral color is it? and do you have picturen when they are installed?

#91 3 years ago

I'm restoring a barbwire, bottom cabinet is completely shot, no chance of restoring that piece of firewood, playfield seems good, except the bottom part below the mylar, the paint is completely worn away, does anyone has a high res scan of that part, or knows where i can get a playfield (overlay)

3 weeks later
#92 3 years ago

This is illusion wid copper

2 months later
#93 3 years ago
40893D8D-35B9-4547-BD17-31F826C68A18 (resized).jpeg40893D8D-35B9-4547-BD17-31F826C68A18 (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

Here's a question- how difficult is it to change the rubber on the buried pop bumper in the top right? I have held off because it looks like a real challenge. Mine has a cracked black rubber that looks as if it has been there since the game was assembled, but it still works so I've left it alone.

Just joined the BW club. I have the same dilemma… started poking around and it seems unnecessarily complicated to get to the rubbers under there. What did you end up doing? Thanks

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Just joined the BW club. I have the same dilemma… started poking around and it seems unnecessarily complicated to get to the rubbers under there. What did you end up doing? Thanks

I did nothing (yet). It seems to work fine the way it is, although a little dirty, and I didn't want to mess w/it, even though the rubber up there is a little cracked. When the rubber breaks, that will be the time. Hopefully someone can chime in and help us out before then. Love the game!!

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

I did nothing (yet). It seems to work fine the way it is, although a little dirty, and I didn't want to mess w/it, even though the rubber up there is a little cracked. When the rubber breaks, that will be the time. Hopefully someone can chime in and help us out before then. Love the game!!

Thanks for getting back! The only obvious solution is to take apart the jigsaw puzzle of plastic and remove the ramp… just seems very tedious and labor intensive compared to the way most games are designed. Everything on the whole center to right side of the playfield seems interconnected…

#97 2 years ago

Not really that bad to get in there.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Thanks for getting back! The only obvious solution is to take apart the jigsaw puzzle of plastic and remove the ramp… just seems very tedious and labor intensive compared to the way most games are designed. Everything on the whole center to right side of the playfield seems interconnected…

Did you have to remove multiple layers of plastics and that right side ramp or is there an easier way?

#99 2 years ago

I am looking for a bar plastic. It's on the right side over the standup targets per the picture. I bought this cheap years ago and took it as is. Once I got into it, that entire lower part of the bar was fried to a crisp where the flasher bulb previously was located. They covered it with what looks like a speaker cover. Another interesting item was the diverter in the left ramp was missing its plate, so the ball would go to the left side flipper rather than the left lower flipper for the skill shot. I thought it was supposed to be that way until I played another one at a show.

I took the whole thing apart a year ago. It was more than expected as whoever did the previous teardown did a poor job in the rebuild. It but plays great when its clean and shiny.

Sadly to say, it may be time for it to find a new home.

Barb Wire - Bar (resized).jpgBarb Wire - Bar (resized).jpgIMAG2203 (resized).jpgIMAG2203 (resized).jpg
#100 2 years ago

I forgot to include what mine looks like.

20210913_112415 (resized).jpg20210913_112415 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
€ 10.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-barbwire-welcome-to-steel-harbor/page/2?hl=mafia_metals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.