Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5D1163AB-449B-42EE-8A20-97C9456F702E (resized).jpeg
    wakkebrakke (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

What are the chances Stern closes for a time and will this have any real effect on the hobby

Why would anyone down vote a seriously legitimate question? WTF is wrong with some of you?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

In my state, industrial manufacturing is exempt from the governor's lockdown order. Stern would be considered industrial manufacturing if Illinois goes the same route.

Stern is 100% not industrial manufacturing.

What does industrial manufacturing mean?
    The industrial manufacturing industry is responsible for the fabrication of products intended for industrial use from raw materials; it is the output of this industry which has made further mass manufacturing possible in most other industries.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Hasn't there been enough of these posts already??

Do YOU have all the answers?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Your scope is way too narrow. I'm living in the wide scope of the industrial manufacturing definition as we speak. We do not make anything remotely close to being a necessity, and its business as usual here. Even warehouses are exempt here. No qualifications on what you are warehousing.

My scope is way too narrow? Please, make me laugh some more. The definition I presented is a cut and paste from just about every manufacturing classifications guide there is. Doesn't matter how wide your personal scope is, STERN is a Misc Manufacturer, not an Industrial Manufacturer.

But.......at the same time, I get what you are saying. You are using industrial manufacturing as a generic description/term. Unfortunately, here in Illinois, if Gov. Prickster decides to shut it down, STERN will not be exempt because nothing they make is essential for further manufacturing needs.

Will it have any effect on the hobby? Nah, not at all. I believe most of Stern's designers and engineers can work remotely through home offices and/or lap tops. It will shut down production lines, but I cannot see any of the production line people being paid during the time off(if it were to happen).

I personally believe the biggest hit will be if the economy were to sour after the virus scare is coming to an end. That would be the biggest blow to Stern. I don't see that either. We as Americans love to spend, and once the all clear is given I see the economy booming again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/closing-the-factory?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.