(Topic ID: 289831)

Closest playfield feature... what gets hit the hardest?

By AlexRogan84

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by locksmith
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

The Captain B. Zarr feature on my Party Zone gets hit pretty hard because it's so close to the flippers. And the ball goes off in crazy unpredictable directions if it doesn't stay in the saucer. The drop targets on Lethal Weapon 3 are similar. Close to the flippers and they take a beating.

What other games have playfield features really close to the flippers and take a beating like those two do?

#2 3 years ago

Center drop Bank on Quicksilver

#3 3 years ago

Meteor top drops...

#4 3 years ago

Metal weldings on TZ slot kick out were usually fractured and the metal indented. There are yellow standup targets on the left that seem pretty close to the flippers but they don’t seem to get damaged.

There are a few green standup targets across from the upper flipper on Millionaire that always seem broken on every game unless a collector recently replaced them.

#5 3 years ago

Drop targets on Ghostbusters take a good hit. So good they won’t go down with a direct hit. On the one at my house an indirect hit will usually drop them.

#6 3 years ago

Monger on iron man takes a thrashing for sure.

Not sure if it counts as a feature, but there are a lot of games with scoops super close that take a beating bad! TAF, JP, frankenstein, WW to mention a few. I feel like frankenstein’s might be the closest, but I haven’t played one in a while...

#7 3 years ago

Center stand up targets on F14

#8 3 years ago

Pat Lawlor loves putting a couple of forward-facing standup targets low down the field that are going to get smacked around.

#9 3 years ago

The corner of my sling plastics

#10 3 years ago

The pop-up monsters in The Hobbit come immediately to mind...those things get the absolute, ever-loving *CRAP* beat out of them. Really.

#11 3 years ago

Yea, the pop up trolls in Medieval Madness too.

I saw a Bally Game Show for the first time recently. Didn't get to play it, but looked it over anyway. It has this huge ramp entrance right in the middle that I'm thinking gets hit a lot. And it's a steep ramp too. Steep enough to need a secondary plastic over it to make sure the ball doesn't smash into the glass everytime!

#12 3 years ago

Shadow left ramp targets take abuse because they are so close to the flippers. They send the ball back quickly and unpredictably. Aiming for them is a huge mistake.

#13 3 years ago

At least on my games the flippers are so low on the playfield that they hit the ball full force every time I hit the buttons

#14 3 years ago

The posts next to a ramp or orbit on any game I am playing takes a huge beating.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Shadow left ramp targets take abuse because they are so close to the flippers. They send the ball back quickly and unpredictably. Aiming for them is a huge mistake.

Shadow for the win.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.