Closest LED to an Incadescent

Started 2 years ago by mandelbloom in forum Tech > Tech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Closest LED to an Incadescent

Nobody calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By mandelbloom

2 years ago

Stats

• Started 2 years ago
  • 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SunKing

2 years, 11 months ago

Whats the closest thing to an regular lamp from coin taker. I am thinking the frosted warm white vs coolwhite? They also have the retro but I think that will be to bright.

2 years, 11 months ago

Retros look like incandescent bulbs

2 years, 11 months ago

for GI or inserts?

some people like the retro's for GI lighting, as it probably does look closest to incandescents, but personally I prefer the frosted domes in warm white. I haven't tried it yet, but Pinball Center just came out with an "old white" domed LED. That one holds some promise I think.

For inserts, I'd say the 90 degree from cointaker are closest.

-Hans

2 years, 11 months ago

For GI..and its a LOTR which really looks best with regular bulbs so I am trying to get something close to that as I like the less heat and not having to worry about the burning out Inserts area already done with some Pinball Lifes and look nice.

2 years, 11 months ago

are the retros directional like other LEDs?

2 years, 11 months ago

I have been very happy with the warm white frosted.

2 years, 11 months ago

I would go retro from Cointaker...they are pretty close to incandescent bulbs.

Phoebe

2 years, 11 months ago

44/47 are not directional 555 are not either because the have the new dual contacts

2 years, 11 months ago

I use mini warm white from cointaker for inserts and backbox. For GI I still prefer incandescent.

2 years, 11 months ago
jayhawkai said:

are the retros directional like other LEDs?

Retros are supers with a clear dome, I believe. Pretty decent lateral dispersion, though I suspect marority of light output is on-axis.

2 years, 11 months ago

If you want something that is close to standard bulb, make sure you go with WARM WHITE. Anything else is too blue, IMHO. Cointaker has warm white frosted for $0.69 each. The 'warm white retro' LED's also look good, but are a bit brighter and cost twice as much ($1.29 each).

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.