2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ElCid95
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Finishing up on sprucing up a friend's SS Close Encounters and the last thing that isn't working is the roto wheel refuses to turn. I've ruled out the power supply and driver board from a known working game. When I took the part of the wheel off with all of the score cards, the three-screw hole piece that connects to it does turn when I hit the correct switches on the playfield. The solenoid for what I call the breaking gear does work when I hit the various switches in the game. Any ideas on what to check?

#3 2 years ago

It does have play and is not binding. The game rotated the shaft after I unscrewed the scoring wheel and removed it from the game. Additionally, I did a diode test per the instructions on pinrepair.com on the 2N5875 under playfield transistor and I think it is bad. I put the black lead of the DMM on the BASE of the 2N5875 put the red lead on either the metal transistor case (collector), or the emitter (the other leg). I got an open line reading...

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

I put in a MJ2955 transistor to replace the 2N5875 under the playfield, however there was no change...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/close-encounters-roto-wheel-not-turning?tu=ElCid95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.