2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crafty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi All, Ok not sure where to from here.
My close encounters plays without issue until the game is over and it's time to remember/display the high score.
The high display score in the backboard lights but none of the displays show anything at all.
I have had the main board fully checked under load and there is no issue with it at all (New battery as well), and in fact on the test machine the high scores display worked as intended.

So thoughts on where to next?
Thanks in advance.

#4 2 years ago

Thx for the prompt reply's and I will investigate these suggestions.
After reading the replies, I'm not sure if I included some details. The high scores were displaying then one day I noticed that they were not anymore. I don't believe any dip switch settings could have been changed as I have the key? But who knows. Secondly when tested by a very knowledgeable person on a Gottlieb actual test machine (Not sure what else to call it) The CPU was working fine like I have said and the High Scores were displaying on the testing equipment. It was only when I got the board back and into the machine that the same problem occurred.
Will add results after looking over the dips etc.
Cheers

#5 2 years ago

Ok so I followed your advice as well as http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/ info on clearing the audit's and am pleased to say it's sorted. Not sure why it stopped in the first place, but glad that it's now fully working. Thanks guys, your assistance is appreciated.
Now to work out how to stop credit's for high score lol and to set the machine on free play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crafty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/close-encounters-high-scores-display-not-displaying?tu=crafty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.