Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

just install ni-wumpf and a new power supply in my ss close encounters. when i turn on machine speaker hums real loud. of course i quickly turn machine off. What would you do next? If anyone knows which way the connector is installed on the bottom of the power supply please let me know. As you may know this connector is not keyed and could be installed either way.

thanks in advance

Walt

#2 7 years ago

the earth wire is obvious.. its either black or green usually and a bit bigger than the others. its third from the left. pin 3

if you got that connector backwards you have way more trouble than a loud buzz to fix now

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Connector deff backwards .. there's one connector that can go either way and if wrong it will do this.. did it on mine.. blew a fuse. Check yer plugs in box... I ended up frying the board.. hard lesson..

#4 7 years ago

New board 125 bucks..

#6 7 years ago

ps connector is now correct with no damage!!!! go figure, should have looked at schematics first, idiot, thanks all.

#7 7 years ago

Haha.. right on... it is,a horrible noise when wrong.. glad ya didn't fry it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/close-encounters-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.