Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121124_171958.jpg
20121124_171952.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey folks, I just upgraded to the ultimate TZ clock the german one. The lights on my old one was starting to wear out, but I never got the broken clock message till now. The new clock is in there, and when I start up the machine, the minute/second hands move about 6 hours, then it gives me the broken clock messege. I can go into the test menu and advance fast/slow in each direction, both work fine. Is there a way to see which opto is bad? Is there feedback on the DMD? I don't see anything change when it's on there. Help would be appreciated!

Barry

#2 11 years ago

I should add, that in the DMD, all the optos have an x on them, regardless of what the 'time' is. I can see the led's on the board itself wink off and on depending on the time time shown. Ideas?

#3 11 years ago

Sorry got no answer for you but I can bump this

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like your clock opto board is bad. New or not.

#5 11 years ago

or your wiring harness for the clock has breaks in it.

#6 11 years ago

Your gonna have to email the seller in Germany and see what his suggestions are, as I am not familiar with his design.

What happens when you plug in the old clock? Does the clock error message disappear? When going into opto checks for old versus new clock, do you still have x's on all four optos?

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#7 11 years ago

When I installed mine at first it did the same. What happened in my case was I had the LEDs and optos installed wrong. He ships them not inserted so they don't get damaged in transit. Check his web site and align your LEDs and optos the same way you see in the pictures he has. There is a little notched side on the optos that need to be installed facing a certain way (outward if I recall correct) and same with the LEDs. If their not all in correctly, it will fail. Also, be sure the optos are inserted all the way.

I think its great that this board is modular like it is. All the parts are removable and can easily be replaced if a component goes bad. Also, my first impression of this board is that it was built like a tank and I feel comfortable that it will be the last clock board you would ever have to purchase. These guys appear to make some good quality stuff.

Contact Ingo, he's gets back to you pretty quick and seems to be a good guy.

Attached a couple of pics for those interested in this board. It comes with white LEDs (modular) and I picked up and extra set of blue for mine. Looks great.

Edit: my pics do this no justice.
20121124_171952.jpg20121124_171952.jpg 20121124_171958.jpg20121124_171958.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Great thread - waiting on mine to arrive from Germany

#9 11 years ago

Got it, it was a two pin molex connector under the playfield. It wasn't pushed in all the way. Now, all is well! Yes, this clock board is made very well. So, my issue wasn't with the new board, this issue could have happened on the older clock board too, that damn two pin molex connector!

If you guys are interested in getting your boards replaced, I do recommend the new one from Ingo:

Here's the link to Ingo's board:

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

I opted for the warm white LED's. It's lovely

#10 11 years ago

I'm interested in acquiring this replacement clock board.

I've seen Ingo's website, but I'm not exactly sure how much the board costs (shipping included) to the USA.

Can someone let me know what the approximate cost is and about how long it takes to get one after it's been ordered?

Lastly - and I hope this isn't a 'stupid question' - how do I order one? I see where one can post questions, etc., but not an online order form...

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

#11 11 years ago

Jeff,

I think Ingo is charging somewhere between $100 and $125 shipped to the US, depending on options. Transit time varies since it has to clear customs but it's usually a few weeks. You need to email him to order one. He is just a Twilight Zone owner and enthusiast and does PCB design in his spare time so he doesn't run an ecommerce website or anything. At one time there was talk of a deal for some of the more well known US based pinball parts retailers to carry the board but I haven't seen anything yet.

#12 11 years ago

Garrettw,

Thank you for the additional information!

I've emailed Ingo for the information I need to move forward with this transaction.

Thanks again,
Jeff

#13 11 years ago

Yeah, totally easy transaction!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clock-is-broken-new-ultimate-clock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.