8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I am no longer worried about wearing or chipping vital inserts on my games. I just installed this stuff and it's amazing. Clings rt to my PF with out any bubbles and is clear as day. Not I can bring my TAF to Pintastic with out worried. When I'm done with it ban it just peals off no glue! It uses static to cling to things.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I've been using that for a while instead of mylar and it seems to hold up fine. Also works well around flipper buttons.

#3 8 years ago

Trying to figure out how soft plastic is going to keep a steel airball from putting compression force against the clear and causing it to shear off the face of the insert, which is generally how chipping would happen. It would prevent scuffing wear caused by improper maintenince or an unfortunate accident where there's something that would abrade the surface of the clear or scratch it maybe, but chipping? I don't think so.

Hard to argue with results, if it works, it works, but I'd want to see more than a weekend's worth of play before I made that claim or trusted it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cling-vinyl-this-stuf-is-amazing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.