View topic image gallery

image-733.jpg
image-111.jpg
image.jpg
image-1170.jpg
image-5.jpg
MPF_Cliffy-375.jpg
P1000909.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

Looking at the MPF protector it looks like it loses the arch/spring. Does this affect gameplay? Otherwise this looks to be a must for the DW.

#13 9 years ago

Okay, so you put the spring back in. For some reason I thought this was a replacement. I think I need to pick up a new one because mine has some light corrosion.

1 month later
#14 9 years ago

I broke down my MPF today and all went well. I had the same concern as freds13 regarding clearance of the 3 protector components. After putting on the MPF protector and reinstalling the MPF I realized even though it doesn't look like a lot clearance there is a lot of play.

My problem is when I tried to install the Time Expander entrance protector I could not figure out how to remove the two bumper posts the protector bolts to. These don't have a hex base. I took off the bolts on the back, but that didn't help. What am I missing?

#16 9 years ago

Taylor, mine with the black bumpers on your pic are round at the base. Maybe I should clamp the round and twist after removing the nuts on the bottom.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have had success using vice grips to unscrew post like that by just grabbing the rubber. Really have to crank it down though.

Does yours have nuts on the bottom? I don't really know why they are there. I get the nuts under the time expander because they hold the roller.

#20 9 years ago

Taylor I think we are looking at different parts. I put on the cliffy's that slides in under the optos. My problem is the playfield protector that fits under the bumper posts that hold down the shroud that surrounds the time expander. The one just above the Doctor 7 light. Thanks for sticking with me.

#24 9 years ago

Next time I have time I'll take your advice. I also need to remove the Hang On ramp see I can replace the lower two jet bumper bulbs.

1 month later
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry I was misunderstanding which post you were taking about. Your talking about the post on the main playfield. You should just be able to undo the nuts and take out post. If they are tight I'd just tap it with a rubber mallet to loosen it up.

Finished the job today. The posts were threaded on the bottom and simply set in holes. Mine were so tight I thought they were threaded through the playfield. I slowly twisted and twisted and only got movement when also pulling up. They were a pain to remove, but all they need were to be pulled. Now my Cliffy's are installed and fit perfectly.

#28 9 years ago

Now I have worked out, and I know once the nuts from the bottom of the two bolts that holds the Cliffy's should just pull out. Mine were so tight I thought they were screwed. I ended up putting painters tape on needle nose players and twisted and pulled. The posted eventually came out.

Those concerned about time expander clearance should not be. Before Cliffy's mine was tight and I thought added metal between the TE and PF wouldn't work. However, the TE has play when screwed down and Cliffy's designed each part so they don't hang up on each other.

I decided to use a new spring on top of the TE instead of Cliff's straight piece. I wanted it to be closer to original and the spring helps keep balls draining down center.

Pics of my clearances.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-111.jpgimage-111.jpg image-733.jpgimage-733.jpg
4 years later
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

DW cliffys are a manditory addition in my opinion.

I second that. Probably the same for most games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffys-on-a-doctor-who?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.