Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by annointed
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP cliffy1.jpg
    JP pre cliffy1.jpg
    JP pre cliffy2.jpg
    Tiger Loop Touched Up.JPG
    Tiger Loop Wear.JPG
    sm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

but in most cases I'm not a fan of putting on a game until they show some wear.

My feelings as well.

I have none on Woz, not needed for me.

My Lotr Le looks like it did the day it came out of the box with about 2k plays later. I have them for that game and will use them at some point.

As for the shooter lane, I always just use "self adhesive laminating strips" that you can get from Office Depot. Works great.

My SM magnet shows zero wear while the shooter lane does from the previous owner. I'd use mylar for the magnet area.

#22 10 years ago

I may be overly worried about scoop protectors and the ball banging those, getting nicked up, and causing more damage to the play field. Shooter lane more important for protection right away imo.

If I was buying an older title and I saw Cliffy's installed I'd still want to know whether or not it was "HUO" and "low plays" or not. In most areas I think mylar/self laminating strips can do the job, imho and no offense to Cliffy and those that love using them.

Change and check your balls frequently as well. That will prevent more damage than anything.

#59 10 years ago

I've got a few layers of self laminated strips on all of my pin shooter lanes, works great and you don't see the "granny vinyl Cliffy covers" on your new couch.

I like to see "wood", not metal.

At the end of the day, if you play living crap out of it, which should be the objective, swap out the play field with a brand new one down the road, problem solved!

#61 10 years ago

Set that one up just for you Flanker!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffys-must-have-or-overkill?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.