Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cliffy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3129_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This is the second machine I've put a set of Cliffy's Shooter Lane Protectors into, and I'm still stumped as to the point of the flat right side protector. If I install it the way I think I'm supposed to, it barely peeks out from under the black rail, and provides zero protection.

Here it is, installed in a machine that's had some wear already. You can see that it doesn't even touch the area that's been beaten down by the balls as they come out of the trough.

IMG_3129_(resized).JPGIMG_3129_(resized).JPG

Am I doing it wrong? Or do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what this protector is supposed to actually do?

#4 7 years ago

I already have mail to Cliffy about it, but I figured I'd post here.

Quoted from NightTrain:

You're supposed to line it up with the lip of the shooter lane, not the wood rail.

I would love to do that, but then the hole in the protector doesn't line up over the hole in the playfield that the long wood screw for the rail goes into. If I just let the protector "float" there, sandwiched between the rail and the playfield, without any way of securing it, then it ends up moving around under that rail, no matter how tightly I secure the rail to the playfield.

#6 7 years ago

This is on a GoT Pro, but my last experience with this was on a Star Trek Premium. Neither of them are known for being a unique situation.

#8 7 years ago

So it's not necessarily the case that I will be using the screw hole in the protector for anything? Huh. OK. I didn't have much luck keeping the protector in place with Star Trek without using the screw hole, but I'll give it a shot with GoT Pro and report back after some plays.

You may want to make the link to that guide a bit more visible on your main page. I had no idea it even existed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-right-side-shooter-lane-protector?tu=UvulaBob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.