View topic image gallery

AMH-VUK-02_(resized).jpg
Cliffy_Install_(resized).jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
AMHscoop02.jpg
AMHscoop01.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

With a game coming hopefully early in the new year, I was wondering if anyone has looked into this for AMH? Do they exist, or are they being worked on? I assume it could use them for the scoop and VUK, but not sure.

I was going to email Cliff directly, but figured someone has already thought of this. thanks!

#2 9 years ago

If its a brand new game and played at home they "shouldn't" be needed ever. Enjoy the art and no need to cover it up

#3 9 years ago

Charlie is sending a PF to Cliffy to get some designed this week actually. So there will be an option if people feel they need one.

#4 9 years ago

Great thanks! I didn't think it would need them right away, but want to keep it nice. It's my first new in box game.

I hope the coding is going well, Ben!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

If its a brand new game and played at home they "shouldn't" be needed ever. Enjoy the art and no need to cover it up

Definitely get where you are coming from, however with many of the cliffys they cant always be peeled without PF damage. So, mine as well play it and show all the awesome art as much as possible and not have chunks of metal sitting there unless you start to show slight wear right? Then once it starts to wear put it on. If pulling the cliffy tears up the PF anyways. Of course not always the case and sometimes they sit there really nice.

My point of view on this is I really love the PF art on pins I get and don't prefer looking at hunks of random metal throughout. Doesn't look as good.

Still, glad they are getting made for those who need them!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

play it and show all the awesome art as much as possible and not have chunks of metal sitting there unless you start to show slight wear right

Thanks, I guess it makes sense to leave it as-is until some wear starts to show. I'm just used to having older games that have needed Cliffy's where there weren't some already.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Thanks, I guess it makes sense to leave it as-is until some wear starts to show. I'm just used to having older games that have needed Cliffy's where there weren't some already.

which makes the case for protection (insurance). An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure I do my absolute best not to cover artwork. At most only black key lines. May thanks to Charlie for letting me buy a playfield to work from. I look forward to this project and really excited for this very cool looking game.

#8 9 years ago

Count me in for one.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Don't mean to suade you to not get them btw. I'd still pick them up and support cliffy Just giving my philosophy on when I use them is all.

#10 9 years ago

All good...I'll be buying them when they are ready anyway I expect.

#11 9 years ago

I'll take a set. Maybe I can ask Charlie if they can install them when building my game, would save me any minor wear and tear to have to pull the posts back out to get them installed.

2 months later
#12 9 years ago

Any updates on this project from Cliffy?

#13 9 years ago

Last I heard he was still waiting on a playfield from Charlie. But that was a few weeks ago...

#14 9 years ago

The only protectors the game seems to need are for the shooter lane and maybe ghost magnet.

The VUK would be the main area of concern since it's used so much but it already has metal 360 around the cutout.

The Hospital/Theater hole is tiered so probably won't see much wear and looks like it would be difficult to protect.

You can't see the entrance to the VUK subway but it may be a good candidate for a protector like the one for TZ.

1 month later
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The only protectors the game seems to need are for the shooter lane and maybe ghost magnet.

The left scoop needs one (behind the door).

#16 9 years ago

The right scoop needs one or a mantis style protector. I know someone that has one that has wear in that spot already. I'll let them post a pic or advise more on that if they wish.

#17 9 years ago

Will take a set if/when available.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The right scoop needs one or a mantis style protector. I know someone that has one that has wear in that spot already. I'll let them post a pic or advise more on that if they wish.

My game (#24) already comes protected with a mantis style protector. Maybe the design was different on earlier games though.

(Off topic, but I recently bought a virtual pinball and appreciate all the stuff you've done - the software side is way over my head)

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

My game (#24) already comes protected with a mantis style protector. Maybe the design was different on earlier games though.
(Off topic, but I recently bought a virtual pinball and appreciate all the stuff you've done - the software side is way over my head)

It does have a mantis style set up, but due to the way the wood is routed around that it could use a cliff, although it looks tricky. The standard shooter lane combo would also be appreciated.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

It does have a mantis style set up, but due to the way the wood is routed around that it could use a cliff, although it looks tricky.

+1. I would get a cliffy as soon as it's available. The playfield here is exposed to hard hits and ball rattles at the edge.

#21 9 years ago

The kick out could definetely use an eject protector. I tried a TZ protector and it won't work.

#22 9 years ago

Also interested in a set.......

4 months later
#23 8 years ago

just set up my AMH last night. i don't want to cover anything up, but i would like to have insurance for the future. any updates cliff?

#24 8 years ago

for now I will be using mylar in the hole entrance.

#25 8 years ago

I strongly recommend using the extra extra mylar at the kickout, after around 300 games my clear was chipping slightly even through the piece of mylar that came installed on the game. I believe I put an extra 3 pieces at the immediate exit of that kickout.

#26 8 years ago

The clear around the scoop started chipping on mine, as well. I applied layers of thin, clear superglue around the edge of the scoop months ago and it stopped the wear dead in it's tracks. The glue is completely indistinguishable from the clear coat.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The clear around the scoop started chipping on mine, as well. I applied layers of thin, clear superglue around the edge of the scoop months ago and it stopped the wear dead in it's tracks. The glue is completely indistinguishable from the clear coat.

Thanks for the tip! Did you mylar over the super glue once it hardened?

#28 8 years ago

No mylar, because the wear was at the edge of the wood. I'm not sure mylar would stick properly around the contours of the wood there. Just the thin layer of clear super glue and I don't see any signs of new wear.

3 weeks later
#29 8 years ago

Did Cliffy's ever get made for AMH?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Did Cliffy's ever get made for AMH?

No, not sure if he can make them for the right side scoop. It's got a weird cut away before the scoop hole.

2 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

I'll add my name to the list. Right scoop and left Vuk please.

#32 8 years ago

I need one.

2 weeks later
#33 8 years ago

Spookypinball has posted a picture of a cliffy for AMH, so I assume that we'll see one for purchase soon:

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball

1 week later
#34 8 years ago

Just ordered a scoop protector for AMH from Cliffy. For anyone else interested in doing so, he has just the right scoop protector at this point, for $25 including shipping. To order, just e-mail Cliffy at [email protected], send him your Paypal payment address, ask him to invoice your Paypal, and clarify the shipping address you want the protector sent to (your address or spooky's address).

#35 8 years ago

proto protector pics on my bare pf

AMHscoop01.jpgAMHscoop01.jpg

AMHscoop02.jpgAMHscoop02.jpg

#36 8 years ago

Mine is installed and it's awesome!! Thanks Cliffy!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#37 8 years ago

man that looks great in there Tommy. May I use your pics for my (eventual) page please?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

man that looks great in there Tommy. May I use your pics for my (eventual) page please?

Absolutely. I'll get them emailed to you.

#39 8 years ago

when are these ready for purchase?

I just placed an order for a few other protectors w/ you Cliffy. Can I add this on to save the shipping?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just placed an order for a few other protectors w/ you Cliffy. Can I add this on to save the shipping?

sure Hilton, emailed ya back, thanks

#41 8 years ago

great. payment being sent now

#42 8 years ago

Got mine today. Though i have to wait till i get back from FPF to install. Thanks Cliffy.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

sure Hilton, emailed ya back, thanks

paid original invoice, never got an updated one for the AMH protector?
please get back at me Cliffy

#44 8 years ago

sorry just got stitches out couldnt even type for a couple days.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

sorry just got stitches out couldnt even type for a couple days.

thanks, got it!

Looking forward to protecting the games Cliffy!

Sorry to hear you got stitches buddy! Hope all is good.

4 weeks later
#46 8 years ago

Finally got mine installed last week. It was a little bit of a pain to install but looks great. I was a little worried about ball hang ups after watching the dead flip stream of AMH but so far so good. Thanks Cliffy.

1 week later
#47 8 years ago

Thought I'd share a tip about the cliffy protector installation at the right scoop. There's a good bit of removal required, including a post bolt and nut that sits to the left side of the scoop and goes all the way through the playfield. You must also remove the scoop itself, pulling it down from underneath the playfield. However, one thing you do not have to remove is the subway that runs to the scoop from the hellevator, and I recommend not removing it because it can be hard to get back in--especially considering all the spacers involved. To avoid removing the subway, after removing the scoop, you can simply access the nut to the post that runs through the playfield from the side (see picture below). I'm very happy with the Cliffy--it's nice and flat and had no negative effect on gameplay, and I like how it's contoured to the scoop even to the point of beveled edges on the scoop interior. Great job Cliffy!

Cliffy_Install_(resized).jpgCliffy_Install_(resized).jpg

#48 8 years ago

FYI, there is a new VUK protector now as well!

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from zero:

FYI, there is a new VUK protector now as well!

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from Cliffy, who also sent me a picture. Looking forward to installing!

AMH-VUK-02_(resized).jpgAMH-VUK-02_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#50 8 years ago

The order page for these protectors is up on Cliffy's site:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/amh.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-protectors-for-amh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.