(Topic ID: 80380)

cliffy protectors

By bigd1979

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Ok im installing my cliffys and I see they have a plastic cover on the top, this may be a stupid ? But do you leave it on or remove it ?thax

#2 10 years ago

peel the plastic protective cover off. Then install the protector, then clean off your fingerprints..

#3 10 years ago

if you go on the cliffy website, he has excellent pictures and installation pointers

#4 10 years ago

Ok thax I figured but thought id double check. Now new issue dam post was thread locked in and it snapped which I suspected it probably would

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

dam post was thread locked in and it snapped

I hate when that happens. Very common on system 11 games though. They used that blue loctite that grips like a mutha.

#6 10 years ago

Just recently found out that if you put a soldering iron on the t-nut for a few seconds you can get the post out without breaking it. (I say this after snapping off just about every one in an Elvira)

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

Just recently found out that if you put a soldering iron on the t-nut for a few seconds you can get the post out without breaking it. (I say this after snapping off just about every one in an Elvira)

Now that's a good suggestion. Thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-protectors-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.