Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1878 (resized).jpeg
    20230828_205034 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Anyone receive anything from Cliff lately? Placed order about 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything and no response to two emails inquiries to verify my order even though I paid.

I know he was busy and backed up, just checking

#2 1 year ago

I've given up on Cliffy, he makes a great product but I think he is looking to get out of the business. I have been making my own "Cliffys". They may not look as good as the originals but they do the job and the more I make, the better they look.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone receive anything from Cliff lately? Placed order about 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything and no response to two emails inquiries to verify my order even though I paid.

Cliffy is just busy. I put in an order about that long ago and just received it.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

I've given up on Cliffy, he makes a great product but I think he is looking to get out of the business. I have been making my own "Cliffys". They may not look as good as the originals but they do the job and the more I make, the better they look.

What gauge thickness metal do you use, and is it available at Home Depot?

#5 1 year ago

He doesn’t have any help right now.
    Just be patient.
    One man show!

#6 1 year ago

I put in an order about 6 weeks ago and he was very up front that I would be waiting a bit. I paid up and I'm fine waiting. I know he’ll get it to me eventually.

#7 1 year ago

Order placed late July and still waiting. I know he said hes backed up and shorthanded so I expected a long wait but it's always worth it

#8 1 year ago

Cliff is the man! It takes a while but he will get them done.

#9 1 year ago

Agree, great product but long lead times.

Here's a thought - put a "Cliffy's wanted" ad on Pinside. It's amazing to see how many market posts highlight Cliffy's included but not installed.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

What gauge thickness metal do you use, and is it available at Home Depot?

This is what I have been using, I bought it at Lowes https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-in-x-24-in-Cold-Rolled-Steel-Solid/3050441

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #11 1 year ago

Cliffy will come through. Just be patient. I just received a very large order.

Edit: The order included TNA....I ordered the same day I put my order in for the machine and the Cliffy's are now waiting for the machine. Order them early.

#12 1 year ago

I literally just received notification from Stamps.com he is sending me a package my way as well.
    What will be inside is a mystery? Will it include my 2 MM full cliffy sets, my Munsters scoop hole protector??
    Time will tell in a few short days.

Anywhoo.. as others have said. He is the one man show and business is booming for him now and orders are taking
    longer than anticipated. Just hang in there and be patient and you'll get your Cliffy's. I've been buying his products
    for MANY years and he's one of the good guys.

#13 1 year ago

Placed order last Friday, received today, Tuesday.

#14 1 year ago

I ordered some ramp flaps about the time you ordered. They came in the mail last friday. I've come to expect a 4-6 week wait. But I'm very grateful for his products, so I don't mind the wait.

#15 1 year ago

I don't care how long it takes him, his product is worth the wait. I believe there is alot more to it than many people suspect when it comes to making something with those types of tolerances.

Happy to wait for a quality product that will help the inferior clearcoat manufacturers are using these days...

#16 1 year ago

It's pretty bad when people post stuff like this. His PRODUCTS save and repair Obsolete and worn machines, and protect new games .If you think you can do better than do it and sell to us. Buying metal at lowes is not a CLIFFYS .

#17 1 year ago

yes he's actively shipping, yes it takes 6-8 weeks typically, and yes he's too busy to babysit every order........I receive a package last week that I ordered early August.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Just received a big order about a month ago. Cliff is always slow, but he’s a one man show and very busy.

#19 1 year ago

On May 23 I ordered a Cliffy protector for the Grandpa scoop on my Munsters LE and Cliff responded that he was running 5 weeks behind at that time in filling orders. The Cliffy protector for my Munsters LE was shipped on July 11 and I received it on July 14.

It was a perfect fit for my game and well worth the wait.

https://tinyurl.com/2kuo88kx

Gord

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I literally just received notification from Stamps.com he is sending me a package my way as well.
    What will be inside is a mystery? Will it include my 2 MM full cliffy sets, my Munsters scoop hole protector??
    Time will tell in a few short days.
    Anywhoo.. as others have said. He is the one man show and business is booming for him now and orders are taking
    longer than anticipated. Just hang in there and be patient and you'll get your Cliffy's. I've been buying his products
    for MANY years and he's one of the good guys.

That's what you ordered and thats whats in the box Craig

#21 1 year ago

I ordered some ball guides a couple weeks ago and they arrived pretty quick. I assume he had them sitting there ready is the reason I got them so fast.
    I've never had a problem with cliffy. He may just be running behind right now. I wouldn't even try to guess how many orders he has. Hang in there, there coming.

#22 1 year ago

Cliff recently lost his assistants. But he is still working like crazy to take and fill orders. Last time I heard from him he was > 5 weeks behind. Got a set of hobbit protectors from him last week that I ordered about 6 weeks ago.

Just have to be patient. Excellent products. You will get your order in due time.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

Excellent products.

Agreed!

6 months later
    #24 10 months ago

Has anyone received a Cliffys order recently? I was trying to get through to Cliff via email a few times and just want to hear that he’s okay. Thank you

#25 10 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Has anyone received a Cliffys order recently? I was trying to get through to Cliff via email a few times and just want to hear that he’s okay. Thank you

no receipt but chatted a couple weeks back. he seems to be overwhelmed st the moment and like 4m behind

#26 10 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I stopped by his place to grab a few pieces over the weekend. He was just getting over a cold, but still working away.

#27 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

no receipt but chatted a couple weeks back. he seems to be overwhelmed st the moment and like 4m behind

Quoted from Norcalpin:

I stopped by his place to grab a few pieces over the weekend. He was just getting over a cold, but still working away.

Thank you both! Feel better Cliff

#28 10 months ago

I recently received an order that was placed last november.

#29 10 months ago

Every time I’ve emailed him, he’s replied the same day.

#30 10 months ago

I must have offended him with an idea for covering up the White Water Lost Mine popper wear mark Thank you all for confirming he's all good

3 months later
    #31 6 months ago

I placed an order in March. Emailed several times. Haven't heard from him. Has anyone received anything lately?

#32 6 months ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

I placed an order in March. Emailed several times. Haven't heard from him. Has anyone received anything lately?

Yes! Just got my February 2023 order He’ll be in March next I presume

#33 6 months ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

You can pretty much figure he will be at least 5 to 6 months out on orders....he is always backed up. I don't think he answers a lot of "where is my stuff" email, as he is too busy making parts, and it doesn't make things go any quicker. He just works through the orders as they are received, and I know the wait sucks, but he has never shafted anyone that I am aware of, and we all know he makes a quality product. I'm bettering he will be getting to you soon.

#34 6 months ago

Fyi on Cliffy and orders. Just spoke to him he is still working through February/March orders, he is doing this all by himself now. Just have to be patient. His products are worth the wait. I usually just pay and tell Cliffy when they ship, they ship. We all know when a new game is released, testing happens and that will slow his orders down a little bit. Until Cliffy can find more helpers, his orders will take time. Hope this helps.

Ken

#35 6 months ago

Good to hear, I was worried something happened to him.

3 weeks later
    #36 5 months ago

Maybe it might be worth posting when you receive ur order with the date it was ordered. We may all be able to get a good estimate on our delivery based on the time frame as th where Cliffy is with all orders?

Just a thought

Paul

#37 5 months ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Fyi on Cliffy and orders. Just spoke to him he is still working through February/March orders, he is doing this all by himself now. Just have to be patient. His products are worth the wait. I usually just pay and tell Cliffy when they ship, they ship. We all know when a new game is released, testing happens and that will slow his orders down a little bit. Until Cliffy can find more helpers, his orders will take time. Hope this helps.
    Ken

Just wanted to say thank you. I've emailed him twice now and both times went Un responded to. People do quit and people do die and most of the time, whatever of the two options happen they usually don't tell you lol. You just never know.
    I say this as a "semi" seasoned ecommerce website designer, his website sucks. Having to email him to place an order when he's that busy is just lame as hell. Imagine how much time he spends/wastes dicking around replying to emails.

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Just wanted to say thank you. I've emailed him twice now and both times went Un responded to. People do quit and people do die and most of the time, whatever of the two options happen they usually don't tell you lol. You just never know.
    I say this as a "semi" seasoned ecommerce website designer, his website sucks. Having to email him to place an order when he's that busy is just lame as hell. Imagine how much time he spends/wastes dicking around replying to emails.

Waiting on a paid order from the end of May still so he’s at least 3 months backlogged. I’ve tried emailing a few times to order additional things for other games and don’t get any response unfortunately. Good product that gets recommended for literally every game, but might as well be unobtainium. I’m surprised other’s haven’t capitalized on this unmet demand.

#39 5 months ago

He's working on april..

#40 5 months ago

It’s upwards of a 6 month wait. You will get your order. The product is well worth the wait

I accidentally bought a ‘competing’ product that was made to look like a Cliffy, before I understood Cliff makes his product himself and he’s the only one supplying it. The ‘competing’ product was trash, didn’t work at all (not exaggerating - it didn’t work), and was a waste of time to deal with. Retailer gave a refund, though.

The only “competition” I’ve noticed, which is accidental, is some very minor overlap with Mantis on some of the larger, stock metal parts, like ramp protectors. Mantis sticks with stock and and Cliffy’s modifies them, so there are two distinct choices, and not competition exactly.

Mantis and Cliffy’s have in common that they are both made by expert craftsmen who definitely are into pinball and actually enjoy helping those into the hobby

I’d wager that to do what Cliff does you’d have to be extremely skilled (he is), retired (I’m unsure of this), and have a passion for helping people and making a great product at an affordable price for them (he is).

I don’t see anyone replacing him, but I hope he recruits Soulrider911 someday to be a part of that team

#41 5 months ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

I’m surprised other’s haven’t capitalized on this unmet demand.

There are others who have. There's a guy on eBay in Portugal that goes by the user name PinballProtectors. His stuff seems to be every bit as good, and he has lots of things in stock with a quick turnaround time. I'll post a pic below of some of his ultrathin protectors that I bought for my Scared Stiff a while back.

All that said, I have been ordering stuff from Cliff for many, many years, and I will continue to do so, but I mention this other option as I realize that sometimes we have a game heading out the door, or we need the stuff ASAP for whatever reason and cannot wait months on end. Hopefully Cliff gets a helper again soon and gets caught up. He makes a great product!
    20230828_205034 (resized).jpg20230828_205034 (resized).jpg

#42 5 months ago

All good. I ordered a South Park and Space Shuttle sets for two different customers on 3/27. I’m patiently waiting.

#43 5 months ago

I am good too. I placed my Dr Who order to him on 4/24, so I am glad to know how much longer to wait. And the wait is worth the product. I have 3 other sets from him that still doing a great job.

#44 5 months ago

Placed an order on 4/6 for parts for TNA, StrTh and Seawitch. Doing my best to be patient but if it goes much past 5 months I’ll likely send an email to check in to see if he can give me an idea of how much longer it might be.

#45 5 months ago

I sent an e-mail but never got a reply so I just bought some of the pinball life ones. All I needed was ones for the rollovers.

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

If you think that’s bad, try ordering from Pinball Resource sometime…You might as well chisel it on a stone tablet and send via Roman Chariot.

#47 5 months ago
    Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

I sent an e-mail but never got a reply so I just bought some of pinball life. All I needed was ones for the rollovers.

Cliff’s website has two emails. Also, was there more in your email than just asking to place an order? Curious.

Those PL ones didn’t work for me and I had to return them. The Cliffy’s are thinner and don’t mess with the ball.

#48 5 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Cliff’s website has two emails. Also, was there more in your email than just asking to place an order? Curious.
    Those PL ones didn’t work for me and I had to return them. The Cliffy’s are thinner and don’t mess with the ball.

No, my email was just asking for a couple rollover protectors. What email did you use? His site said "[email protected]".

#49 5 months ago

I’m still waiting on order from 2/2/23

#50 5 months ago

Installing cliffys are fun. Love that kur-plunk noise the ball makes when you hit a scoop with a cliffy on it

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-protector-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.