Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I recently placed an order with Cliff and he told me to give him 2 weeks to make my set
    after payment

1 week after payment they were in my mailbox

This is how you may be treated when dealing with this company

#2 3 years ago

I'm confused. You received your cliffy's 1 week sooner than you expected, and you're upset about this?

#3 3 years ago

Lmao! Sounds great to me.
    -Mike

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I recently placed an order with Cliff and he told me to give him 2 weeks to make my set
    after payment

Cliffy is a stand up, awesome person. He welcomed me with open arms into the hobby 17 years ago. Very glad and proud to be able to call him a friend.

#5 3 years ago

Cliffys awesome.

#6 3 years ago

Have the same experience, he even gave me a free shirt

#7 3 years ago

He has always delivered to me early as well. It's because he treats making protectors as his real job, its what he does and its where he has a passion. The closer you can get to dealing with people that understand business AND have that passion, the better off you are... always!

#8 3 years ago

Cliff is the Man!!

#9 3 years ago

after payment

I’m confused by your tactics. the bottom line Here cliff’s the man if he can’t do it no one can.

#10 3 years ago

Cliff is awesome. The world would be a much better place if there were more like him around.

#11 3 years ago

Cliffys for the win!!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm confused. You received your cliffy's 1 week sooner than you expected, and you're upset about this?

in response to another thread

#13 3 years ago

Don't forget it's Cliff's side job. He is a great guy to work with. Check pinball suppliers for the protectors if he's understandably busy.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Cliffy is a stand up, awesome person. He welcomed me with open arms into the hobby 17 years ago.able

Was that at Rob's place? I still kick myself for missing that....

Hey Cliffy! By any chance do you make protectors for PUNK!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Was that at Rob's place? I still kick myself for missing that....

Nope. Before that. Picked up stuff for the funhouse. He had Rons TZ there. Put me on the phone with Charland that visit.

You ready for your bowler yet?

#16 3 years ago

Cliff is great. I’ve ordered twice and can’t be more pleased.

#17 3 years ago

Excellent all the way...
    Great customer service, great product!

#18 3 years ago

I think he told me 3-4 weeks, it took just over a week that’s too soon. Also he was too nice in his emails, ridiculous.

For sure they did fit too perfect, and after over a year they are just holding up too good....

#19 3 years ago

Cliff defiantly has a passion for pinball.
    Nothing but good dealings with him. Have cliffies on just about every game I own.
    IMHO; STNG and DEST need Cliffys before they get beat to heck.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

The Point

Your Head

#21 3 years ago

Cliffy is as awesome as his protectors! And so are the friends who posted above!

#22 3 years ago

My biggest problem with Cliffy is that all my game purchases in the past few years already have his protectors on them.

So I haven't had a chance to send him any money in a LONG time.

#23 3 years ago

I thought this thread was headed in a different direction, happy to see it is about how great Cliff is. He's always upfront and will let you know if he has a large backlog and can't get to your order right away. He seems to always beat his schedule though.

#24 3 years ago

Cliffy is the man! I keep him plenty busy as I'm sure we all do and he always delivers. It just doesn't feel right playing a game without his protectors on anymore.

#25 3 years ago

Ordered some protectors a week ago... Still waiting. And it's fine. Stand up dude and always enjoy hearing from him, even if only in the capacity if buying his wares.

#26 3 years ago

Same boat, typically order a set for every machine I get. I know they won't be here in a day or even a week but always worth it. Quality protectors.

#27 3 years ago

He has a tough job. Every machine has a completely different set of protectors. They may look similar but each part takes a significant setup to his tooling and process. Ideally he would get orders for a bunch of the same exact parts which he could setup tooling once and cookie cutter all of at the same time, But I suspect that scenario is an exception. This affects his turn-around time for sure...

#28 3 years ago

Nothing but the best... last order I placed was when he was surrounded by wildfires, and he still managed to get me 5 machines worth of quality product in a reasonable time-frame.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackzarak:

I’m confused by your tactics.

I’m confused by your profile pic...

#30 3 years ago

I’m confused by your profile pic...

I do believe she’s choking someone’s chicken!

And on the subject of Cliff, I too have ordered from him and received my goods in a timely fashion. The one time they were delayed I received an email explaining and apologizing for the delay.

#31 3 years ago

I have ordered from Cliff probably about 15 times for the games in my collection that needed a protector. Cliff has always been prompt and fantastic with communication when needed. Cliff and his products are awesome. He has saved many pinball playfields with his products. Many of the videos and installs that were done on my games of the protectors are posted on my social media sites.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballsupernova

#32 3 years ago

I ordered direct from Cliffy and came in good time with no hassle or problems to the UK.
    Can’t be right can it

#33 3 years ago

What kind of thread is this ?

it should be Cliffys GOOD business practices compared to others.

I placed my order got an email saying he was swamped would be a few weeks and just as promised my order showed up. Can you ask for more than that?

#34 3 years ago

Cliff is one of the most valuable people in the pinball community and for the pinball hobby.There’s a ton of companies that are selling pinball mods and pinball accessories.Having Cliffy’s on your pin is a must.It will save your playfield.When I buy a new pin for my collection the first item and or mod I get are Cliffy’s
    Keep up the great work and again thank you for supplying us with a great product

#35 3 years ago

This thread is known as “cliffbait”

Probably every one of us who has been around pinball for more than 5 minutes saw this title and said WTH and opened it.

Very poor wording IMO.

#36 3 years ago

CLIFFBAIT !!! - :applause:gotta love it

#37 3 years ago

Man that took me a minute to realize what’s going on here. I was bowled over that someone would be going after Cliff. It seemed impossible. Turns out it was!

#38 3 years ago

There are several vendors on here that have exceptional customer service. Cliff is among the best of the best.

#39 3 years ago

Jesus, y'all need to get out of the house more.. maybe see a comedy show... Its dry sarcasm, but for those who dont get it... he was joking about how good his experience was. Not bad...

#40 3 years ago

Cliff is my favorite vendor in this hobby. He's great, one example is I told him the lotr shooter lane protector was slightly oversized and he cut me a new one and had it in my hands in less than a week. I didn't ask for that or expect it. Great guy

#41 3 years ago

Great products, great service. Looking forward to doing more business with him in the future.

#42 3 years ago

I traded emails with him yesterday and he had not seen this thread, but when I summarized it, he was humbled by what it said. He's a great guy and yes, he is in the middle of some of california's worse fires we've seen in years, so it may add a day or two to his normal processes. Air quality is horrific.

He also reminded me that he also makes ramp flaps. Some of those flaps are getting harder than hen's teeth to find and I suspect Cliff would knock those hard-to-find flaps out with ease...

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

I make protectors for all kinda punks Todd

#44 3 years ago

wow I'm truly red face humbled by all this thanks so much! This has always been my most passionate hobby pursuit and you guys just make my point. Any hobby is simply a vehicle for socializing and pinball is the best. Of course I'm extremely proud to have shared my inventions with the community but I'm honestly most proud to be a sort of ambassador for the hobby. Brian's post reminded me how we bring others in to share the joy of discovery and ultimately friendships. I'm sure Brian told two friends and they told two friends and pretty soon we have a Breck commercial (boy did I just age myself or what!? )

Givin' the love back to all~

#45 3 years ago

Actually Cliffy, I believe it was Vidal Sassoon that you’re referring to “and so on, and so on...) Breck shampoo had the “Breck girls”. Oh, and thank you much for doing what you do bud!

#46 3 years ago

He's an Alaskan. That is enough for me. I believe!

#47 3 years ago

Great custom products, I do wish there were directions though.
    When i asked he did get RIGHT back to me w pictures.

great guy, super fast responses.

#48 3 years ago

I've got Cliffies in all my games and first thing I usually put on if previous owner didn't. I recently placed an order for a Tron I picked up and took a bit longer than normal but he communicated very well and once he got to my order a shipping email as sent. Thanks for all you do Cliff and keep it up!

#49 3 years ago

+1 for Cliffy - dude's the man!

#50 3 years ago

Under promise and over deliver...imagine that!!

Cliff is da man

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-protector-business-practices/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.