Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15285448809481122712859 (resized).jpg
20180608_214125 (resized).jpg
20180608_162906 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi all

Looking to buy a full Tron Cliffy set. Tried emailing him on his website but had no reply, and he hasn't been seen on here since May 12th.

Happy to wait of course, but does anyone know if he's officially on holiday?

Failing that - does anyone else sell the full Cliffy kit?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Hi all
Looking to buy a full Tron Cliffy set. Tried emailing him on his website but had no reply, and he hasn't been seen on here since May 12th.
Happy to wait of course, but does anyone know if he's officially on holiday?
Failing that - does anyone else sell the full Cliffy kit?
Thanks

He definitely get's busy and can sometimes get behind on emails. I would try to bump the email again if it's been a week+ since the first.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks.

Didn't want to put pressure on him because I realise he's probably always snowed under.

Will give it a couple of days and gently chase.

#4 5 years ago

Cliffy told me he’s about 6 weeks backed up. Patience- I’m sure he’ll get back to you. He’s beyond busy. A gentle 2nd email couldn’t hurt though.

#5 5 years ago

he said he has a lot of vendor orders he needs to get out, when I placed my order with him last week.
he was doing orders for febuary, so it'll be a little while.

#6 5 years ago

I got an order from him last week, also an email stating sorry about not responding sooner that he has been slammed with orders and he is a one man show trying to catch up. I guess that is the down side of companies releasing a few new titles a year now, everyone wants protectors for their machines.

I'm certain he'll reach out as soon as possible.

#7 5 years ago

He is extremely busy. I just received mine last week and corresponded with him, he’s trying to cought up and also is trying to get new templates for all of the new pins coming out.

Cliff’s a great guy and always gets back to people. He’ll definitely get back to you.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks all.

No concern about him getting in touch eventually, he's a star. I've bought something direct from him before.

Was just curious as to whether he might be officially on holiday. I guess the outcome is the same either way

#9 5 years ago

He emailed me personally to tell me he hates you.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

....but does anyone know if he's officially on holiday?

The holiday was last week, do you mean on Vacation?

#11 5 years ago

You’re not the only one waiting. I ordered some parts over 2 months ago and sent my payment. I assume he’ll ship them soon, he’s a busy guy.

#12 5 years ago

I'm still here and very sorry I'm still just one guy - wish I could clone myself. as of today 6/1 I'm still making March orders. It was an insane month for orders and april was heavy too. Its a catch-22 situation between communication versus making protectors. I try to keep all my friends in the loop often but apparently failing a bit there. apologies again and back to the bench for me- thanks for bearing with me folks

#13 5 years ago

I waited patiently and got a very nice bunch of Cliffys from Cliffy. Slowly getting them all installed. Thanks Cliffy!

If you're in a rush, you can try Rob Anthony. He had quite a bit of Cliffy stock at GSPF.

#14 5 years ago

My Cliffy stuff is being delivered today, and he sent me an email confirmation the other day. Dude's a hard worker.

#15 5 years ago

Yeah, I've talked to him a few times in the past few days. He's got a ton of orders pending. Definitely worth the wait though. He comes through and delivers a great and much needed product.

#16 5 years ago

Glad to see this thread, I sent him an email to order some stuff about a month ago and haven't heard anything. I've been told he gets busy but will get to you when he can.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

The holiday was last week, do you mean on Vacation?

Americans think that the English language is theirs...

You must be aware that they’re more differences between British English and Americans English right?

#18 5 years ago

Very busy guy who always follows through!

#19 5 years ago

Just received my AFMr Cliffy's last week.....waited a little bit but not to long so I'm sure he's working hard filling orders

#20 5 years ago

He's definitely around, and very busy....his stuff is always worth the wait....the guys a magician with protectors

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Americans think that the English language is theirs...
You must be aware that they’re more differences between British English and Americans English right?

Dutch can't read a joke and prefer to take an opportunity to show their bigotry.
You must be aware there is this thing called a since a humor right? You see the smiley face at the end of my post? That lets you know there was humor involved and NOT to be taken seriously.

#22 5 years ago

I just ordered some TAF protectors from Amazon (Game Room Guys) . We'll see when they come.

#23 5 years ago

Glad I found this thread. I emailed him a few weeks ago and got no reply.
Didn't want to be a pest but also hoped he was still taking orders.

#24 5 years ago

Yeah, he is just major league swamped, according to an email he sent me last week. Really wish the guy could find some reliable help before he burns himself out.........

#25 5 years ago

Took 2 months to get my AFMr protectors, but he warned me up front about the backlog. It sounds like he makes sets one at a time? You'd think he would make a 100 of each protector at a time? Or does he hand craft each one?

#26 5 years ago

Glad you posted @cliffy. Ya he is busy busy! Which is good and bad but he won’t forget your order, just take a bit to ship. My baywatch order from March just arrived

#27 5 years ago

How am I suppose to order when the website is down?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Pick them up from my both at the NWPAS. I'll have quite a few Cliffy Protectors available.

Assuming you can't get them directly from Cliff before then of course.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Can you order off the website? I have only emailed him.

Edit: website is up as of now

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Website is up for me, try again.

#31 5 years ago

Cliffy is a huge asset to pinball! He's always super busy, but he'll take care of you! He's always got a backlog, and the demand is always so high.

#32 5 years ago

Since you are in the UK maybe contact Pinball Heaven. I talked to Cliffy about the ramp protectors and he was kind enough to tell me he was a couple months back-ordered before I officially ordered. I found some at PH and ordered them. Bit expensive for me due to shipping but for you should be cheaper.

https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/tron/cliffy-tron-protector-kit-3-pc/

I went with the mantis protector for the scoop (personal preference) but I think their are some scoop protectors floating around. Much easier to source than the ramps from what I found. Shows in stock here - http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RP-TRON3

#33 5 years ago

I contacted him knowing he didn't make a set for firepower. I said the ones for another machine looked close and I could modify them to fit. Instead of sending those he said give me a couple weeks. He scanned a playfield and started producing a correct set for firepower. With a low demand for firepower it impressed me that he would spend the time instead of just sending out something I could make work.

#34 5 years ago

I contacted Cliffy less than a week ago about some Dirty Harry protectors and he sent a set to me less than a day later. I just got them in the mail today and have them already installed. Super awesome product! Tear down was a bitch though.

15285448809481122712859 (resized).jpg15285448809481122712859 (resized).jpg20180608_162906 (resized).jpg20180608_162906 (resized).jpg20180608_214125 (resized).jpg20180608_214125 (resized).jpg
#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I contacted Cliffy less than a week ago about some Dirty Harry protectors and he sent a set to me less than a day later. I just got them in the mail today and have them already installed. Super awesome product! Tear down was a bitch though.

I'm sure he had them on hand. The delays are for out of stock items I would say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-on-holiday?hl=flipsmcgee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.