• Latest reply 10 years ago by Cliffy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jdubbs-met-fix1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I installed my Cliffy on the shooter lane a while back and the front part that is held down by adhesive has popped up. I tried to reapply using double stick tape but have had no luck. I was thinking glueing it down but I am a little sketch about doing so. Anyone have this problem? And if so how did you solve it? For now I have removed the Cliffy and just have Mylar in the shooting lane.

#2 10 years ago

I have the same problem and I used thin fabric tape,holding so far

#3 10 years ago

It's creeping up on my own Met too so I'm thinking I have to use a much larger patch of the 3M 467 tape. Right now I've been only putting it on the long edge but I'm going to try it on that entire unsupported end and see how that goes.

#4 10 years ago

Are we talking about the right side shooter lane protector that installs under the wood rail? On mine, I've noticed that the front end of the protector is creeping into the shooter lane with the back end being pushed under the wood rail exposing the lower right edge of the shooter lane. I'm guessing this is due to ball eject impacts?

#5 10 years ago

+1 Had the same problem on this from the beginning as well.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

It's creeping up on my own Met too so I'm thinking I have to use a much larger patch of the 3M 467 tape. Right now I've been only putting it on the long edge but I'm going to try it on that entire unsupported end and see how that goes.

Thats what I did when I tested it for you. I had to dremel the hole bigger & it messed up the tape. I added a piece the size of the whole end. Mines still looking good & has been installed longer than everybody's.

#7 10 years ago

My problem is on the left side of the shooter lane. Where the Cliffy goes around ball guide. I love my cliffys just am having problems getting this one to work right. I tried taping it down and it just won't stay. Also it got to the point where it was effecting the travel of the ball out of the shooter lane onto the play field.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My problem is on the left side of the shooter lane. Where the Cliffy goes around ball guide. I love my cliffys just am having problems getting this one to work right. I tried taping it down and it just won't stay. Also it got to the point where it was effecting the travel of the ball out of the shooter lane onto the play field.

If I understand what you are talking about I had the same problem. Part of the upper metal was sticking into the shooter lane and the ball (as it was being shot up the shooter lane) was scraping against it. I filed a little metal off the upper part and it works fine now. This was the most difficult Cliffy to put on.

#9 10 years ago

Our friends John W used a mini post rubber on the wire guide to hold his in place. Clever!
jdubbs-met-fix1.jpgjdubbs-met-fix1.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Mine is now bent and is likely beyond the ability to fix with the post rubber or more adhesive unfortunately.

2 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

I jacked mine up from the get go, trying to install it, but when I get a new one, I'm going to try that rubber price. That looks like a good solution.

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

I cut mine down. Might not be perfect but we will see. I will post pics and give feed back after I re-install it.

#13 10 years ago

I put a much bigger piece of 467MP on mine and its staying down so far. I've been doing that for all of them going out since this was brought to my attention.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-metallica-shooter-lane-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.