• Latest reply 10 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinbot_#2.JPG
Pinbot_#1.JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Cliify just made my Grand Lizard restoration project 10% better in 10 minutes, by shipping me his ready-to-go flipper return frames, which removed 100% of the flipper hop. My Grand Lizard no longer plays like a restoration project.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

Cliffy, thank you so much for what you do for pinball.

First, Cliffy healed and stabilized my broken right ramp on Diner, then he helped future-proof my upper left Whirlwind ramp, and the two cellars, and now he's just removed slop from the lower playfield experience in Grand Lizard.

I can't put into words how awesome Cliffy is.
Can you?

#2 11 years ago

He is pretty awesome, but don't forget about LTG.

#3 11 years ago

Cliffy is the man...

I don't know if I would quite hail him as the second coming, but he's a great asset to the community!

#4 11 years ago

Cliffy is funny in a sense that if the manufactures STERN would build better products we would not need a lot of his stuff.

Look at some of his ramp protectors for Tron and IM. $10- $25 to basically insure your ramp from a blowout. If you do not install a cliffy a new ramp or ramps are gonna cost you $100's or more if they are even available. As these games age good luck on finding replacements.

Cliff as a person is fantastic to deal with. All around I am thankful for his products and try to buy everything he sells for the games I own.

I do curse those games a buy second hand that were too late to install his products. For instance Family Guy the hole gets so chewed up that unless you had a Cliffy from early on there's not much hope.

EVERYONE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND ANY HUO OR REALLY NICE GAME YOU HAVE PLEASE PROTECT IT!! IF YOU DO YOU WILL GET MUCH MORE $$$ WHEN YOU RESELL IT.

#5 11 years ago

Cliff would be far too humble to say so, but he provides products that are an INCREDIBLE benefit to the pinball community.

#6 11 years ago

I like cliffy because he is always coming up with solutions. Example-I asked about new Avengers Hulk ball drop-he is already working on it-way to go cliffy!

#7 11 years ago

Cliffy is da Man! He's a great asset to our hobby.

#8 11 years ago

Hey, you got your name back. Cliffy is a good guy too.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Cliffy is da Man! He's a great asset to our hobby.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Cliify just made my Grand Lizard.........

I don't know if Cliffy is the Pinball Messiah, but his passion for pinball is evident in every product that he makes/sells. His stuff is always of excellent quality, mostly very easy to install, and they n e v e r interfere with but actually improve game play and aesthetics. Cliffy sure is one heck of a nice guy with a great sense of humor and humility who takes genuine pride in what he does for pinball hobby, IMO.

I always install his protectors preventively (if there are any available) on all my NIB pins, or for repairs as needed on my other pins, and the net result is always the same. They work, and it makes great financial sense to use them.

#10 11 years ago

On the seventh day Cliffy created the scoop protector and it was good...

#11 11 years ago

Pile on....and I'm in! ; ) Cliff has helped me out a few times besides purchasing his great products/inventions from the Passion for Pinball Laboratory of products...great feller to boot too!

Once again I thank you Cliffy.

Russ
www.Team-EM.com

#12 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm knitting him a scarf as a token of my appreciation.

Some might say that knitting isn't a manly pursuit but damn it, Cliff deserves it!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

On the seventh day Cliffy created the scoop protector and...

there was much rejoicing.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

there was much rejoicing.

I sacrifice one pinball a day to the god of playfield protection.

#15 11 years ago

Knowing Cliffy, he would disagree, but I am pretty sure he knows Who is.

Dan

#16 11 years ago

If everyone ran their business as well as Cliffy, this USofA would still be #1 and not in a recession.

#17 11 years ago

If BBH is second coming of jesus and cliffy is messiah then what does that make for LTG?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

If everyone ran their business as well as Cliffy, this USofA would still be #1 and not in a recession.

...and we would all be protected from all kinds of crap!

Dan

#19 11 years ago

If one only knew how well his fantastic products have saved/served the pinball world. Great job Cliffy, see ya at PAGG.
Richard

#20 11 years ago

Humble thanks guys and extremely happy that my parts find such favor. I actually posted my appreciation for all your encouragement last night but, funny, it's not here! This is like the third time I've posted something and it gets deleted. weird Lets see if this one makes it...

#21 11 years ago

You have to wonder how many playfields his products have saved over the years (and how many ramps were saved too)

#22 11 years ago

Cliffy is the man! thanks for the rollergames protector too.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

He is pretty awesome, but don't forget about LTG.

Please leave me out of Cliffy's thread.

I'm just trying to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

Cliffy is doing things that will be appreciated long into the future. Long after us. His protectors and what not are saving countless games and extending their survival in great shape well into the future.

So pinball will be enjoyed by future generations.

LTG : )

#24 11 years ago

Good product -I've never had an issue, but don't post any bad experiences with a cliffy on the boards. You'll get the whole "talk to me privately" speech.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

You'll get the whole "talk to me privately" speech

"please talk to me so we can fix it FIRST" If I don't make things right then feel free to beat me up all ya want

#26 11 years ago

Hey thanks Lloyd! There are a LOT of folks who contribute to the hobby in their own way and many will live on as long as the hobby exists. Heck, I even *know* of certain folks who help others behind the scenes who never get a mention and, frankly, they prefer it that way. It's the community spirit that keeps it all going. Robin quietly provides the vehicle and the rest of us get to ride his bus. I say three cheers for Robin, if for anyone

#27 11 years ago

Same day shipping!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Same day shipping!

Ooooo don't count on that ALL the time I have been swamped lately with carer job among other things. Most times I'm pretty quick but sometimes it may take several days to even reply to you. I certainly try though!

#29 11 years ago

hey cliffy, how's dirty harrold coming along?

jordan

#30 11 years ago

Cliff has always been amazing, great products and a nice dude. Just ordered a complete Tron protector package. All of my games get the cliffy treatment.

#31 11 years ago

If Cliffy would fly to my house, figure out the protectors I need for my Lights...Camera...Action holes then yes he would be the second coming, but even so he is still a great dude and his products are awesome!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Ooooo don't count on that ALL the time I have been swamped lately with carer job among other things. Most times I'm pretty quick but sometimes it may take several days to even reply to you. I certainly try though!

You are right, I was overly impressed that I ordered today, and just a little bit later you said it was in the mail. Thanks again!

#34 11 years ago

A true innovator!!! Cmon.... hot pink post sleeves!!! Awesome
Thanks for all you do for us pinheads Cliffy !!!!

#35 11 years ago

Cliff IS the Messiah, and he appears every year at Pin-a-Go-Go, which just happens to be coming up in about 83 days from now! Book your room today! <end of shameless plug>

Thanks to Cliffy for all he's done for my pfs and this hobby!

http://www.pinagogo.org
a charitable event in it's 17th year

#36 11 years ago

Ugg! Gotta get to work on something to show then, time's slipping away.

#37 11 years ago

From Merriam-Webster: Messiah - mes·si·ah - Noun
1. Bender of metal
2. Savior of all games
3. Second in royal lineage to Charland of Blownfuse.

Kim

#38 11 years ago

I'm not even close to his status unless you're talking geographically.

#39 11 years ago

Cliff has hooked me up!

First person I go to when I get a new game.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hey cliffy, how's dirty harrold coming along?

They are done but haven't had a chance to make a web page or even post about them yet Jordan. The playfield is on it's way back and I cant thank you enough for the loan!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

From Merriam-Webster: Messiah - mes·si·ah - Noun
1. Bender of metal
2. Savior of all games
3. Second in royal lineage to Charland of Blownfuse.

Kim

ROTFLMAO!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm not even close to his status unless you're talking geographically.

I just hope he wasn't referring to the DNA test!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't put into words how awesome Cliffy is.
Can you?

Only in song.

#44 11 years ago

LOL, that song takes me back Eric.

#45 11 years ago

Aw shucks sonny.

Quoted from Cliffy:

I just hope he wasn't referring to the DNA test!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

They are done but haven't had a chance to make a web page or even post about them yet Jordan

oooooha ya!!! nice! thanks again, and you are welcome as well!

#47 11 years ago

Are we allowed to say Cliffy's name in vain?

#48 11 years ago

Heck yeah! I do all the time.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Are we still using Clippy ?

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are we still using Clippy ?

Sure but I prefer Bruno.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-is-he-the-pinball-messiah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.