Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gogojohnnyquack
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PBsolarvalue1 (resized).jpg
PBeyes1 (resized).jpg
PBeject-wide (resized).jpg
PBsaucer-eject (resized).jpg
JB-PB-Target (resized).JPG
2012-04-24_01-32-02.728.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Has anyone used a cliffy protector made for another game to protect the PinBot eye kick-out holes?

#2 7 years ago

Ask Cliffy if he does not have a protector for such a popular game I am sure he can soon.
I have not but cannot forsee a problem with using a small saucer style protector.

#3 7 years ago

The area doesn't seem to wear much, mine had some slight cracks in the gray. Nothing major.

#4 7 years ago

I tried to email Cliffy, but no response. The reason I ask is due to the fact when I swapped playfields, the one replaced was pounded down to bare wood. It looked like a rat had gnawed on the kick-out holes. I've seen a HighSpeed kick-out hole Cliffy protector that looked like it may work for PinBot, but unsure it would fit properly. Thanks for the responses, it's appreciated.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from wombat:

I tried to email Cliffy, but no response. The reason I ask is due to the fact when I swapped playfields, the one replaced was pounded down to bare wood. It looked like a rat had gnawed on the kick-out holes. I've seen a HighSpeed kick-out hole Cliffy protector that looked like it may work for PinBot, but unsure it would fit properly. Thanks for the responses, it's appreciated.

Must have been routed to death. I really don't think its needed for home use. Cliff is usually around, maybe you caught him on vacation. Eventually he will respond.

#6 7 years ago

I have no doubt Gonzo that it was "routed to death". I purchased this machine in Seattle from Music-Vend back in 95 - they saw me coming I like to show friends the ghetto plate and explain why it was needed.

#7 7 years ago

On my Pinbot there is a fair amount of wear around the eye holes even though the rest of the playfield looks great. Same with the solar value kick-out hole. No plans to replace the playfield and I would get these cliffys if they were available.

#8 7 years ago

I apologize for late emails. I'm incredibly swamped after 3 days at the PAGG show. I'm also an idiot because I didn't even think to make eye saucer protectors when I had my own Pin*bot

I'd be happy to send you a couple of ES zone 5, High Speed or maybe IJ kickout protecors to try out.

#9 7 years ago

No apology needed Cliffy, I can't imagine how many emails you receive. I would be more than happy to test these protectors. If one fits, I will relay this info. to all Pinsiders. I will PM my address. Thanks again Cliffy.

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

I would also be interested in these if they work. Also is there a protector that would work for around the Visor drop panel? Someone said that the Doctor Who Time Expander cliffy protector might be the same size.

#11 7 years ago

The process has started Trastion. I've emailed Cliff the pictures he requested - eye kick-outs and solor kick-out. We did not discuss anything about the Visor drop panel though. That would be a great protector.

#13 7 years ago

I successfully used High Speed hole protectors on my Dr. Who mini-playfield. It required very minor tweaking to fit well. Seeing how Pinbot is made by the same designer you shouldn't have any problems making it work. (Click picture for closer detail)

2012-04-24_01-32-02.728.jpg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

I successfully used High Speed hole protectors on my Dr. Who mini-playfield.

Thats good to know. I have a repro dr who mini pf here si I'll compare the hole specs with the pics I got from wombat. This may help me make them more of a universal fit.

4 months later
#15 7 years ago

Any updates on this. The left eye socket on my Pinbot is worn so bad that if I already have a ball locked, a second ball will get stuck in the warn area. I wouldn't be installing Cliffys to protect the area, but to provide a flat surface, so that balls wouldn't settle into the valley in the playfield. Unless someone has a different suggestion?

#16 7 years ago

That wouldn't work anyway. You MUST repair the saucer with Quik Wood epoxy putty before installing any protector or the ball will destroy the protector quickly. I do have pinbot specific eye and solar value protectors but fit seems to be inconsistent game to game. The wire guide holes aren't consistently in the same place so it's a turkey shoot.

#17 7 years ago

When I saw this thread, I thought it said 'Cliffy for President'

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

That wouldn't work anyway. You MUST repair the saucer with Quik Wood epoxy putty before installing any protector or the ball will destroy the protector quickly. I do have pinbot specific eye and solar value protectors but fit seems to be inconsistent game to game. The wire guide holes aren't consistently in the same place so it's a turkey shoot.

Thanks, I'll try to repair it. It's the only issue I have left that is affecting gameplay.

1 year later
#19 6 years ago

I'd be interested in those for my pinbot as well. Cliff, can you pm me with prices?

2 years later
#20 3 years ago

Hey all (particularly Cliffy) - I do not see any Pin*Bot specific protectors anywhere yet, did they ever get made? I have picked up on that definitely needs one on the visor drop panel and likely needs it on the kick-outs too. What's the word?!

#21 3 years ago

dont think it ever happened

#22 3 years ago

They are listed on his work in progress page. You should email him directly to see if he has any available. NOTE: Cliff is real busy so be patient waiting for a response.

1 week later
#23 3 years ago

I sent my original PinBot board to Cliff a while back and he was able to make prototypes for all the kick out holes. When I tried to fit the protectors on a newer NOS playfield, they did not fit correctly. I then tried the protectors on a new CPR playfield. The prototype protectors did not fit on the CPR playfield as well. Cliff knows this, he would need to make several different protectors based on which playfield is being used. He may have another plan. I do have a prototype set if someone wants to buy them. You must have an original playfield for these to fit properly. I sadly sold my original playfield.

4 weeks later
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey all (particularly Cliffy) - I do not see any Pin*Bot specific protectors anywhere yet, did they ever get made? I have picked up on that definitely needs one on the visor drop panel and likely needs it on the kick-outs too. What's the word?!

I have heard back from Cliffy and placed an order, $74 for the set. Cliffy rules. The set includes:

PB-JB-TARGET: Pinbot/Jackbot moving target slot protector, $30.00
PB-LOCKS: Pinbot 3pc kickout lock protector set, $34.00
RND-EJ-3/8: Round end 3/8 wide shooter eject protector, $10.00

JB-PB-Target (resized).JPG

PBsaucer-eject (resized).jpg

PBsolarvalue1 (resized).jpg

PBeyes1 (resized).jpgPBeject-wide (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Charlotte, NC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside