Cliffy distributors?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am looking to order the full WOZ kit and some of the rollover switch protectors. Is the only place to get these direct from Cliff? I say Bay Area had the WOZ at one point but are out of stock. I emailed Cliff but it seems like he is taking a long time to respond, according to other threads as well. I'm waiting for him but figured I'd see if anyone knew a place to get these.

#2 4 years ago

Going thru Cliff, is the best advice. His shipping rate is much cheaper as well. He does have distributors. Have patience and go thru Cliff is my advice.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Going thru Cliff, is the best advice. His shipping rate is much cheaper as well. He does have distributors. Have patience and go thru Cliff is my advice.

Thanks...that's what I figured. I got my ToM and TAF right through him so I'll try and be patient

#4 4 years ago

Reach out to Borygard Aka Rob Anthony

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Reach out to borygard Aka Rob Anthony

Thanks, done.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'll try and be patient

Cliff is a busy man and does great work, expect it to take 2-3 months if your order directly from him. Hopefully it won’t take that long.

#7 4 years ago

DO NOT buy from Pinball Centre!!

I purchased some for my CV, because they had the metal ringmaster, and they are ill fitting. They refused to refund my money so I put in a Paypal claim and won!!

Avoid these guys!!

Cliffy : Passion for Pinball is the only place to buy from

#8 4 years ago

Thanks all. Seems like Borygard has the WOZ pieces but apparently no one has the switch rollover protectors, gonna have to wait on those. I recall Cliff being quick to reply to me prior purchases, must have gotten busy.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks all. Seems like borygard has the WOZ pieces but apparently no one has the switch rollover protectors, gonna have to wait on those. I recall Cliff being quick to reply to me prior purchases, must have gotten busy.

He is definitely busy. But I just had an order and it was filled in about 3 weeks. Emailing with him was good too. It's always to a pleasure to purchase from him.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

He is definitely busy. But I just had an order and it was filled in about 3 weeks. Emailing with him was good too. It's always to a pleasure to purchase from him.

Cool, I haven't gotten any replies so hard to order

#11 4 years ago

Cliffy is the legend. Hand made goodness and well with the wait.

#13 4 years ago

UHHHHHH.. YES!!!! Thanks!

There is someone on our local FB group that is making plastic ones, so I'm waiting to see which is better. His cover the entire hole, so would be better for the wear I have but I might end up with Cliffy. Nice find!

#14 4 years ago

Placed an order end of March, still hasn’t shipped. So definitely a wait right now. Wish I’d known borygard had them in stock I would have bought them.

#15 4 years ago

I placed a large order mid Feb. Cliffy indicated at that time he was, quote "just hitting late November orders in fact". He is well behind as he is only one person and everyone goes to him for protectors. So I'd say for game specific protectors, prepare to wait a while to get them.

#17 4 years ago

Found them at Bay Area Amusements

#18 4 years ago

One thing to note. Cliffy does improvements on his protectors. Going through him, you will get the latest design not old design stock maybe from a vendor. Example was his MMR castle moat jump. He changed from a hole to a slot I believe that fit better. His protector design tries to always use existing screws that are on the pin already.

#19 4 years ago

One thing to note. Cliffy does improvements on his protectors. Going through him, you will get the latest design not old design stock maybe from a vendor. Example was his MMR castle moat jump. He changed from a hole to a slot I believe that fit better.

Thanks, hopefully not the case with these

#20 4 years ago

I've always had great experiences ordering directly from Cliff. Never waited anywhere near 3 weeks. Replies and shipping have always been prompt. He's the best!

#21 4 years ago

Thanks, hopefully not the case with these

With the switch slot protector, leave the tape on when you do the first fit. I put one on upside down by mistake and once the sticky section is set, its unremovable. Look at Cliff's website to see how the switch slot protector is positioned. I unfortunately looked at a picture somewhere else that was wrong.

#22 4 years ago

With the switch slot protector, leave the tape on when you do the first fit. I put one on upside down by mistake and once the sticky section is set, its unremovable. Look at Cliff's website to see how the switch slot protector is positioned. I unfortunately looked at a picture somewhere else that was wrong.

Thanks!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I've always had great experiences ordering directly from Cliff. Never waited anywhere near 3 weeks. Replies and shipping have always been prompt. He's the best!

Reports seem to be several week delay, if not months. Cliff did get back to me to place the order but I don't know what kind of delay he has in shipping. I sourced all I was looking for so hopefully I'm good.

#24 4 years ago

Keep in mind also that several vendors are selling knockoffs that they market as Cliffys. I was at his house the other day and we discussed some of the shadier sides of the hobby. He was getting support requests for people buying knockoffs that were obviously not his products. So, be careful and make sure that your vendor is actually selling you a cliffy.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Keep in mind also that several vendors are selling knockoffs that they market as Cliffys. I was at his house the other day and we discussed some of the shadier sides of the hobby. He was getting support requests for people buying knockoffs that were obviously not his products. So, be careful and make sure that your vendor is actually selling you a cliffy.

Thanks... one vendor is here on Pinside and one is Bay Area. I have a bit of trust in both.

#26 4 years ago

Another positive word for Cliff. I've ordered directly through him for many games. Some I've had to wait a few months for, some I've gotten right away but I've always been able to count on him to deliver. His emails are always pretty timely, within a day or so, but sometimes life happens. He'll always get back to you though, even if to tell you he's backlogged, which is almost always. Worth the wait for sure.

#27 4 years ago

I've ordered several sets direct from Cliffy over the years. I've never had anything but great, prompt service.

3 weeks later
#28 4 years ago

Huge supporter of Cliff here - I am wondering if anyone's heard from him in a while? I know he's super swamped. I placed an order back in mid-February for $500 of protectors, and I've followed up with Cliff but have not heard back yet. Does anybody know what the current backlog is? I've even sold one of the games I originally ordered the protectors for.

#29 4 years ago

I've waited as along as 3-4 months for a set of protectors for 1 game. You've ordered protectors for how many games? It's probably going to take a while. He may have lost your email as well, which is possible since I'm sure his inbox gets plenty of them. Maybe try back again in a few days?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huge supporter of Cliff here - I am wondering if anyone's heard from him in a while? I know he's super swamped. I placed an order back in mid-February for $500 of protectors, and I've followed up with Cliff but have not heard back yet. Does anybody know what the current backlog is? I've even sold one of the games I originally ordered the protectors for.

Try sending an email with something like CLIFFY PLEASE RESPOND in the subject. Tell him you sold one of the games and you were looking for status. This has worked for me in the past. With 500$ order might be that he didn't have some pieces in stock. Nonetheless, email him and ask to remove the one set from your order and ask for status!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am wondering if anyone's heard from him in a while? I know he's super swamped.

I can't say, because I was called out of state, but most of the pinball people around here ended up in Lodi last weekend for GSPF, so he might have been extra backlogged if he was going that way.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Try sending an email with something like CLIFFY PLEASE RESPOND in the subject. Tell him you sold one of the games and you were looking for status. This has worked for me in the past. With 500$ order might be that he didn't have some pieces in stock. Nonetheless, email him and ask to remove the one set from your order and ask for status!

Did this! Although I didn't have the caps subject line! ha! Thanks for the feedback

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did this! Although I didn't have the caps subject line! ha! Thanks for the feedback

Let me know if you get a response, I ordered late march so if he still is at mid february that sucks for me lol.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've waited as along as 3-4 months for a set of protectors for 1 game. You've ordered protectors for how many games? It's probably going to take a while. He may have lost your email as well, which is possible since I'm sure his inbox gets plenty of them. Maybe try back again in a few days?

4 games. WOZ, DW, TH, Houdini. I've since sold the WOZ

#35 4 years ago

CRAP, I just checked my email and I accidentally sent my inquiry to the wrong address!! Well that explains that. I'll check in properly and let you all know what he says.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CRAP, I just checked my email and I accidentally sent my inquiry to the wrong address!! Well that explains that. I'll check in properly and let you all know what he says.

98% of the time the problem is found to be between the chair and the keyboard!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

98% of the time the problem is found to be between the chair and the keyboard!

haha as usual

#38 4 years ago

I've ordered twice from him directly in the last month and got the orders quickly (and his responses quickly). From what I understand, some kits are not in stock and he makes them so there is delay there. Can't explain months of delays, but that is what I was told.

#39 4 years ago

I've ordered twice from him directly in the last month and got the orders quickly (and his responses quickly). From what I understand, some kits are not in stock and he makes them so there is delay there. Can't explain months of delays, but that is what I was told.

He got back to me - said he’s working February right now so I should have my stuff pretty quick. He also refunded me on the spot! Can’t say enough about the guy. It’s clear he’s working overtime, which I think is great for his business but maybe not his love of pinball. I wish there was a way to help him out somehow

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

not his love of pinball

This is why he does it, because he loves pinball.

Glad he got back to you. As I mentioned, he has a backlog of 3-4 months at any given time. Sometimes you're lucky and he as them in stock. Other times, he has to make them up. Either way, I think he knows the community appreciates his hard work given the 3 month backlog. He always delivers and I hope he can find someone to help him out and eventually take over when he's done doing it.

#41 4 years ago

I just ordered TOTAN from him, took about a day to get the invoice (and an email from him a bit puzzled since I already ordered twice from him in the last month, lol) and I'm guessing I'll have them in 3-5 days, will report back. I think, as was said, for the new kits or stuff he doesn't have stock on it takes some time to make and handle the rush of new requests.

#42 4 years ago

I just ordered TOTAN from him, took about a day to get the invoice (and an email from him a bit puzzled since I already ordered twice from him in the last month, lol) and I'm guessing I'll have them in 3-5 days, will report back. I think, as was said, for the new kits or stuff he doesn't have stock on it takes some time to make and handle the rush of new requests.

I'm sure he's backed up. I ordered a MMr set two months ago and only got them a week or so ago. I imagine there were a lot of other orders placed between mine and it being made.

#43 4 years ago

Yep, Cliff is a stand up guy, and just swamped with orders. Think about it, pretty much every machine that comes off the line has a call for at least one if not 3 or 4 protectors. If you figure his time just to make and process the orders, he is backed up.....but then add on the R&D time for new machines, and anything he supplies to the manufacturers has to be done in bulk ahead of time. As a business model goes, it is the American dream. On a personal note, it sucks to be king! lol

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yep, Cliff is a stand up guy, and just swamped with orders. Think about it, pretty much every machine that comes off the line has a call for at least one if not 3 or 4 protectors. If you figure his time just to make and process the orders, he is backed up.....but then add on the R&D time for new machines, and anything he supplies to the manufacturers has to be done in bulk ahead of time. As a business model goes, it is the American dream. On a personal note, it sucks to be king! lol

I keep wondering why manufacturers aren't doing this from the beginning. At least on their higher priced models. It saves the playfield, which makes it look better long term and is a plus for the manufacturer. It finishes off the holes nicely. It's somewhat reversible in most cases. And, it's something else they can charge for. I think someone else mentioned "configurable" pinball options when purchasing from manufacturers. So, choose glass.. shaker.. art... protection options..sound, etc. Seems like it would be a good revenue stream.

#45 4 years ago

Ah yeah, Cliff followed up with me and let me know the TOTAN ones won't be available for a while as he has to make them. Says he has hundreds of orders to process.

#46 4 years ago

I keep wondering why manufacturers aren't doing this from the beginning. At least on their higher priced models. It saves the playfield, which makes it look better long term and is a plus for the manufacturer. It finishes off the holes nicely. It's somewhat reversible in most cases. And, it's something else they can charge for. I think someone else mentioned "configurable" pinball options when purchasing from manufacturers. So, choose glass.. shaker.. art... protection options..sound, etc. Seems like it would be a good revenue stream.

JJP was doing them on Dialed In for a while, but they weren't thin enough and I don't think they wanted to invest the money into researching how to do it properly.
So unless I'm mistaken, they contracted with Cliff to do real ones eventually. It just seemed to be an extra hassle ultimately that wasn't adding enough
Value in sales to justify the cost

#47 4 years ago

Cliffy has so many orders, you have to wait 3 - 4 months.

The other issue is that no one else makes them as good as his. The various copies around are rubbish.

#48 4 years ago

I ordered a scoop protector for Shrek once. He replied right away and said he'd have to make one and it would be awhile. I checked the mail 2 days later and I had my part. Lol.

#49 4 years ago

Yeah, apparently my JP set was an anomaly because he had a set already made for pictures, lol.

#50 4 years ago

Anyone know of any cliffy distributors who have rollover switch protectors? I ordered with Cliff but seems like it's a few months wait as we know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-distributors-?hl=new_england and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.