image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1561new.jpg
IMG_1563new.jpg
IMG_1559new.jpg
IMG_1567new.jpg
IMG_1564new.jpg
IMG_1568new.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Just installed the jukebox protector this afternoon and the above instructions are spot on. Succinct and relevant. I will second the machine screws are a PIA to remove. 1/2" of loctite was threaded on all of the screws. So much so, one of the screws securing the scoop under the large plastic was nearly stripped with a hex driver trying to remove it.

Cliffy jukebox protector was a fantastic fit with the exception of 1/16" of steel extruding over the rear playfield impeding the jukebox panel from reinstalling. I'm assuming it's operator error, but a quick Dremel modification and all is well in the world.

On a sidenote, sent Cliffy a quick email asking for best practices for installing both protectors after reading what a pain installation was. Within 15 minutes, had a zipped file with step by step instructions that I will use for the bell protector next. Thanks for a great product Cliffy and exceptional customer service!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

On a sidenote, sent Cliffy a quick email asking for best practices for installing both protectors after reading what a pain installation was. Within 15 minutes, had a zipped file with step by step instructions that I will use for the bell protector next. Thanks for a great product Cliffy and exceptional customer service!

The jukebox protector is the easy one to install. The bell saucer one is a real PITA. The playfield screws are so tight (on my game at least) that it's almost impossible to remove them by hand. I had to resort to using a power drill to remove and put them back. The screws are also an odball length and I could not find anything that size in local hardware stores.

Rob

#53 9 years ago

I didn't have any trouble with the playfield screws, the trouble is accessing the screws under the plastic on the left side to install the cliffy. I basically had to remove the left ramp....many connectors underneath. Hardest cliffy I've installed yet.

3 weeks later
#54 8 years ago

Where are the instrcutions for installing this? I went to Cliffy's page but I don't even see a link for the AC/DC ones. I purchased these over a year ago and have not yet installed them as I heard how difficult they are to install!

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-acdc-jukebox-protector-installed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.