Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for reporting. There was a small database incident yesterday afternoon around 16:10 CET, which lasted 5 minutes or so and it means visit records for 1--15 threads that got posts during that time may have gotten corrupted.

As soon as those threads update and you visit them, the visit information should be updated.

Alternatively, you can also unvisit the "problem" threads using the unvisit button on the top right of a thread.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Still not working for me Robin. The GOTG thread shows 20 new posts and it still takes me to the "Facebook sales" thread. Every time I go there I hit unvisit and I've also drained the thread.

I manually fixed pointers for that thread. The problem is, you needed to unvisit the GOTG thread, not the Facebook Sales thread. But obviously, getting to the GOTG thread was the issue

I will see if I can manually remove all faulty pointers for everyone. Stay tuned...

Edit: all should now be fixed. Fingers crossed!

1 week later
    #12 6 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

this happened to me today using a PC, Google Chrome,
    clicked the green new posts in the "what Jersey Jack thread" & was taken to the "Alien Refund" thread ...just imagine my confusion

Still some remnants of the data corruption issue last week. Sorry about that!

Only a handful of threads were affected in the 5 minutes this issue was active. But that still means hundreds of people had one or more corrupted visit records.

I did some more querying and found 55 more "corrupted" thread visit records. I removed those records. I hope this is the last we've seen of it.

Sorry for the trouble!

Quoted from sbmania:

I consistently have a problem where I click on a thread, read it, use the back arrow to go back to where I was browsing, but end up two or even three pages further down the list. I get so fed up, a lot of times, I just close pinside and go to rec.games out of frustration. I spend more time trying to find where I left off than reading threads.

This issue is kind of hard to replicate without more details. I'm assuming you are on the front page, maybe down on results page 2 or 3 and then click a topic, read it, come back to the front page (via the back button) and everything has shifted? This is due to the way browser caching works and the fact that other threads may have had updates in the time you were viewing a thread.

The easiest way to work around this is to open every thread you want to visit in a new window. That way, the main list of topics will remain unaffected. You can do this by either holding shift or control (shift or command on a Mac) while clicking a thread. This will respectively open a thread in a new window or a new tab.

Alternatively, for single hand control (i.e. when you are holding your coffee with your other hand), you can right click a thread and select something like "open link in new tab" or "open link in a new window".

Hope that helps!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’ve been having issues too, if you click on my name and try to check my profile, or check things whithin my profile, it says we don’t know a pinside by that name. I usually use an iPhone to browse the site

Your username ends in a dash, that's the issue. It shouldn't have been accepted when you signed up, since it clashes with our url slugging routines (I'll fix that).

I can change your username to something compatible, e.g. just 'Coz'? Please shoot me a PM to confirm.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clicking-thread-title-takes-me-to-different-thread?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.