• Latest reply 9 years ago by wiredoug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0014.JPG
#1 9 years ago

When i power up the machine everything seems to be working correctly, at least with the back box functions but none of game play lights are working nor are the flippers. Where do I start?

#2 9 years ago

Check your fuses in the bottom of the cabinet. They are an easy target. But before going too far you should take a look at the following two resources:

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1

The pinrepair site has a great video introduction to the system 1 machines as well as a video called "Power On a Gottlieb System1 Pinball for the First Time", both of which are definitely worth watching. Read them both twice and then follow the guided steps to test everything out.

I am currently working on getting my own Cleopatra up and running and the guides have been very helpful (as well as the people on this forum). I am running 95 percent at this point with two minor issues left.

#3 9 years ago

Thank you for the reply! I have checked the fuses and none are blown. I will check out these links. Thank you.

#4 9 years ago

is the relay pulling in when you start a game?

#5 9 years ago

What relay? I've noticed when I start up, meaning add a credit and hit the start button the game over bulb continues to flash.

#6 9 years ago

IMG_0014.JPGIMG_0014.JPG This is an image of what it looks like after game start up

#7 9 years ago

Does "blinking" zero present on first display ?

Try this... REMOVE the ball from outhole, and then press the start button !
(machine accepts credits normally ? )

#8 9 years ago

yes the zero is blinking on the first display everything seems to work with game start and add game. ball gets kicked to lauch fine and the rollover switches all work up top. The pop bumpers,flippers, or any game play lights do not work.

#9 9 years ago

Sounds like a problem with the under play field Q relay. Check to see if it operates when you start a game.

Do you hear the relays click when the game boots up?

#10 9 years ago

I will have to double check. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

3 weeks later
#11 9 years ago

So I replaced all the pins in the harness from the CPU board to the Driver board and a number of other ones that i noticed were broken or on their way out. I had the driver board unplugged for a while (waiting for the right crimper) and now I've lost a few functions that seemed to work before I recrimped.

1. I was able to add credits and start a game but with no functions controlled by the Q relay. (Flippers etc.)

2. All digital read outs showed all digits.

Now one display shows all digits, one flickers and the two others only display the same three digits.
Also I cannot add credits or start a game. Any ideas anyone?

#12 9 years ago

maybe you put some wires in the wrong spots when you repinned them?
either compare to the manual or take photos showing wire colors clearly so we can ... otherwise assuming you took notes or photos as you went then use them to recheck your work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleopatra-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.