Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5977 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5967 (resized).JPG
    20191114_210645.jpg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    20191113_172810 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1628 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1627 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1626 (resized).JPG
    alive (resized).png
    IMG_1511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1510 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1505 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1500 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

My good buddy Bill precision cut me a piece of aircraft aluminum exactly the same size as the hole and then drilled out the center on the lathe just enough so it would press fit onto the bearing of the bit.
    IMG_6318_(resized).JPG
    This gives me a perfect guide on the bit to fit my needs.

Wow. Sounds like a good friend to have, that Bill.

Nothing much to add aside from the chorus of "amazing work" and "go get 'em, Tiger!"

Honestly, I was just surprised I hadn't commented here yet...and consequently this thread sort of fell off my radar (not being on my "activity" posts and all). Thankfully that will be fixed now.

Looking forward to the continued shock and awe,

Ryan

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

This is the bottom piece of a drilled hole. For those who have never used these kind of bits, this is how it works.

Wow. Does this mean each hole is cut out by progressively excavating more and more those tiny disc-like increments?

1 month later
    #72 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Here's the back of the lower cabinet where the head rests. I'll take this over the balancing act of a pinball head all day long.

A-men. Every time I screw an EM head on I fret a little bit. ...until I forget about it during gameplay (probably not the time to forget about a precariously-perched block of wood and metal, but so it goes).

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Here's that two piece glass channel in action. Interesting.

HUH! I would not have been able to piece those together in my mind from the first photos (laying on the ground) but boy-howdy, those really do channel that glass, don't they! Ha-ha!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

The only ones who can read it are kids!

Well, they needn't be gambling.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

147 light bulbs and sockets. Give or take.

Never really stopped to think about how many lamps it would take to light all the odds, numbers, and various rules. Nice!

Quoted from Zitt:

One of these days.... there will be Transparent Aluminum... but until then... Leg brackets will be fuggly.

Don't tempt him. He'll find it! (See his transparent piano hinge mentioned...in one of these "clearly insane" threads.)

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Probably going to go a little more modern this time...

Sooo...you'll be MacGyver-ing a water meter and ear plugs into a fully-functional set of leg-bolts? This I gotta see.

11 months later
    #127 7 years ago

Shawn, amazing work. I just caught up on your past 3 months of toil in the acrylic trenches. (I was busy and now laid up for about a week post-surgery...nothing big, just corrective hernia stuff.) All that to say, I'm finally getting back up to speed with some of a my favorite threads and your ability to create and document is impressive as always. So, how goes the cab assembly over there? Having much time to devote to this prior to TPF? I'd imagine this is more of a TPF2018 project, right? Regardless, keep up the stellar work ethic in the big boy shop.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Yeah, I caught that excuse over in the Jumbo thread.

I'm milkin' it while I can. Next week my excuses will be far inferior.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

How cool is THAT machine!??

Uhm...it's like,

wow.gifwow.gif

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I did a double a couple years ago. Wimp.

Guilty as charged. My favorite Looney Toons line is from Daffy Duck when he says, "I don't like pain, it hurts me."

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

(75 here today)

Reading over your past few months of posts, I noticed that you like rubbing that in.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

So how is life in the great white north?

Well, the wind blew so hard today we had pieces of our neighbor's roof in our yard. ...the silver lining was, my wife thought it was our roof. *phew* Dodged that honey-do line item.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I am really looking forward to seeing the arcade game you guys are building come to fruition.

Us, too!

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Fortunately we are all too busy to be able to finish projects in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm glad someone understands.

Best of luck powering through...

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

...the boring stuff...

...and making your way toward...

2 months later
    #148 6 years ago

^^^^Agreed!!!

1 week later
    #160 6 years ago

Keep it up, Shawn! Love seeing your weekend progress!

1 month later
    #167 6 years ago

Thanks for updating your readers here, Shawn. Best of luck getting back down to double-digit temps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clearly-insane-part-ii-bingo?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.