Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5977 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5967 (resized).JPG
    20191114_210645.jpg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    20191113_172810 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1628 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1627 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1626 (resized).JPG
    alive (resized).png
    IMG_1511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1510 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1505 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1500 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 8 years ago

Steve is right Shawn. The short piece goes inside the cabinet directly in front of the front rail. The old one will be painted yellow. Looks like I sent you an extra inside rail. I would keep them stainless. If painted, the playfield will scratch the paint when lifted.

1 year later
    #158 6 years ago

The inner rails should be punched Shawn. Same twist nails as the outer rails. Let me know if you need more.

2 months later
    #171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I have been in Norfolk, VA since last week on day job business and can't get home. The wife and her folks are heading out now. As my house is on N. Padre Island, I may have seen it for the last time. We're all safe and good but we just may lose it all. That is what insurance is for, I just wish I didnt need to find out how good or bad it is. We shall see!
    Shawn

You and your family will be in my prayers tonight Shawn.

1 month later
    #180 6 years ago

Glad to see you back Shawn. I hope everyone made it through the storm OK.

Gettin' ready to do some etchin'?

Looks like I need to get off my ass and back down to the basement! You're catching up with me!

1 week later
    #188 6 years ago

Breathtaking!

3 months later
    #194 6 years ago

Incredibly beautiful Shawn. A true work of art.

1 year later
    #238 5 years ago

Just beautiful!

2 weeks later
    #260 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I'm sorry, dennisdodel but unless there is some weird sentimental value to it, this thing is going in the trash!

You cut the cord. Now it's your baby!

#266 5 years ago

Looks like that motor bracket had been hot for a long time. Game is working so should be OK after wire repair. Sorry for the extra work.

4 months later
    #285 4 years ago

Just beautiful Shawn! A dream come true for me. I never thought it possible. Your talents are amazing. Thank you very much for building this. Can't wait to see and play it.
    My original thought was to use an earlier, simpler bingo but I was afraid that this might be the only chance to get an acrylic bingo built so I suggested the Golden Gate as it has more of the "wow" factor with so many different features. Plus, I had two Golden Gates with bad cabinets so this worked out great. A game was not destroyed, but re-purposed into something that I hope will entice more people to try out a bingo machine and to see the amazing genius that went into designing these games.

I'm not very good at describing game play unless I am physically there with the game, but I know a few people (hint-hint) that are very good at this sort of thing. If no one comes forward I will help run you through the operation of the game.

Again, just beautiful Shawn.

P.S. Be careful with the back door fully open. It does not take much effort for the game to tip backwards.

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:So incredible! I'm speechless.
    Well, except about the gameplay...
    When you turn the game on initially, the motors should be off, and the game should be in 'tilt'. The tilt trip relay does not throw. The tilt lite in this instance is lit through the anti-cheat relay being open.
    When a coin is dropped, several things happen: the anti-cheat relay should latch, the start relay should engage, the control unit and mixer motor should start turning, the shutter motor should open the shutter, the balls should drop, and once all 8 balls are safely nestled in the trough, the ball lift motor should engage and bring the first ball up to the playfield.
    At that point, you can press red, green or blue buttons to enable certain scoring advantages. Blue button plays for -only- odds increases. If you play that on your second coin -only- you will get a guaranteed double jump in odds.
    Green plays for features - in other words magic screen stuff.
    Red plays for a mixture of the two.
    After playing as many coins as you feel like you should (generally more than one), you start playing.
    Once the first ball leaves the playfield, the ball lift motor engages and lifts a second ball. The timer unit steps almost simultaneously with the ball hitting the playfield. Once the timer steps, the shutter motor will engage and close, trapping the balls to be played.
    Aside from the shutter, this pattern repeats for any additional balls (5 total).
    Once you've shot your fourth ball... More stuff happens. You can press the r button to register replays if you have a winner (there are advantages and disadvantages of doing this before playing your fifth ball), and play for extra ball by pressing the yellow button. The yellow button will step once immediately upon first coin played for EB. The EB unit needs to step an additional 3 times to give you an EB, lighting 1st Extra and Ball.
    That's the basics. Next I'll talk about magic screen and features...

Thanks Nick.

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Got your info and very much appreciate the offer. I usually show sometime after lunch Thursday and will load in after checking in. I practiced putting it together by myself when the head was empty to figure out the best way to do it. (And to do a test fit to find problems BEFORE I loaded it up.) In any case it is much, much easier and safer to have a helping hand or two. Thanks again and I'll see all y'all at the show!
    Shawn

I will definitely be there Thursday morning with a helper or two. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

4 months later
    #307 4 years ago

Looks great Steve! See you and Nick Thursday.

1 week later
    #317 4 years ago

Many thanks Shawn for making a dream come true. You have to see this game in person to really appreciate the amount of love and time and remarkable craftsmanship that went into building it. The fit and finish is incredible. The sandblasted art work is beautiful.
    And to Nick for bringing this thing back to life in an incredibly short time. I know you did not get much sleep and your work is greatly appreciated. The game would not have been playable had you not attended the show. The working conditions were not exactly ideal! I am forever in your debt.

Had a great time hanging out with you guys and Steve Johnston and am looking forward to our next meeting. Here are a few photos I took at the show. I'll try to get some playfield shots tomorrow.

There are some adjustments still to be made to the game but everything will be up and running correctly by its next appearance at the York show next year. Shawn has graciously allowed me to house the game as he will not be attending many shows in the near future.

Spam and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese! Sorry Nick. None for you!

IMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5972 (resized).JPGIMG_5972 (resized).JPGIMG_5973 (resized).JPGIMG_5973 (resized).JPGIMG_5977 (resized).JPGIMG_5977 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #321 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

is the backglass sandblasted a bit so you can tell what options are lit?
    Beautiful machine

The backglass is not sandblasted. My current plan is to have a backglass printed with just the black key lines and instructions showing. Colored #44 bulbs will be used to designate green, yellow and red odds. Blue bulbs for 2 In Blue etc. Red and yellow bulbs for the Super Sections.
    I hate to do it but I'll have to use LED's for the orange OK lights and Purple Section lights.

Of course this is all subject to Shawns approval. The game is his vision.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clearly-insane-part-ii-bingo?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.