Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5977 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5967 (resized).JPG
    20191114_210645.jpg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    20191113_172810 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1628 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1627 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1626 (resized).JPG
    alive (resized).png
    IMG_1511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1510 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1505 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1500 (resized).JPG

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 4 years ago

Here's a couple of play videos to show the current behavior. I assume this is the way it works but I'm no bingo player! I'll let the experts chime in...

#302 4 years ago

Good news, bad news:

Good news: it looks amazing. Really, truly incredible.
    For the most part it is trying to dot he right thing.

Bad news: I've noticed quite a few bugs in these two videos:
    1) lack of coin flash. For any button pressed, there is a random animation of the lights for that section. Red button flashes everything but extra ball lamps. Green button flashes lamps related to magic screen feature and time tree (upper right). Blue button flashes across all odds. None of that is happening. That's usually either fuse related or a single switch.

2) game gave you six balls by default and a problem loading ball #1 on your second game in vid #1 - points to trough switch errors.

3) game is timing out before fourth ball is shot. It shouldn't be. Gate switch may be open?

4) game seemed to award extra odds in video number two when playing for extra ball (yellow button). That's not right. The eb trip relays should prevent stepping of odds

5) 'eb mode' lamp is on while playing red button. This should not happen. Check red button relay for proper adjustment.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

1) lack of coin flash

Yeah, a lot of that could be due to dead bulbs. You'd be surprised. Or maybe not.

2) game gave you six balls by default and a problem loading ball #1 on your second game in vid #1 -

So the game should issue 6 shots and then more if you add coins? Still not getting the gist. And when do you know the game is "over?"

Gate switch may be open

You talking about the switch on the top gate? I know it is doing it's thing. When the ball hits the trough I see a solenoid under the play field lock and it releases when the ball travels through the gate.

4) game seemed to award extra odds in video number two when playing for extra ball (yellow button). That's not right. The eb trip relays should prevent stepping of odds

Now you're talking way over my head...

5) 'eb mode' lamp is on

Extra Ball. Got it. When should that part light up?

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Yeah, a lot of that could be due to dead bulbs. You'd be surprised. Or maybe not.

Haha, I've been there before... Once I spent two hours troubleshooting a problem that turned out to be that something had blown all of the bulbs in that feature. I felt nice and smart after... Hopefully that's all it is.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

So the game should issue 6 shots and then more if you add coins? Still not getting the gist. And when do you know the game is "over?"

The game guarantees 5 shots only. After the fourth ball is shot, the game can be put into extra ball mode by pressing the yellow button. Once the yellow button is pressed, you'll see the bottom row of lamps cycle across, and it will light at least one of them. It will not award you an extra ball until each of three panels (1st, Extra, and Ball) are lit.

The same is true for 2nd and 3rd extra ball.

If it is also having trouble lifting the first ball, then I'd look at your trough switches first. Particularly, the switch under ball #1 (in the lift chamber) and ball #8 - ball #8 will drive the lift motor directly if certain other conditions are met at game start. Might just be a hair out of place. That wouldn't give you six balls, though - but other switches misadjusted in the trough could. Is the extra ball unit returning to zero on game start?

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

You talking about the switch on the top gate?

That I am - boy it must be handy to see everything, haha!

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Now you're talking way over my head

There are two trip relays in the trip bank on the back door called simply enough extra ball #1 and #2. These relays will completely change the game's logic flow to allow for coins to increment the extra ball unit instead of odds or features, as well as redirect a few other things (resetting the timer for each coin, etc). I would look to these as the odds (the big rectangles that are arranged in neat rows) are moving in the reflection of the playfield. The game should never award any more odds after the first ball is shot. The blue button or green button should start a new game, but should not award anything else after that first ball is shot, either. The yellow button is dead (or might start a new game.. but I think just dead) until the fourth ball is shot, then it will wake up and allow for eb mode.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

When should that part light up?

That will only light up after the fourth ball is shot and the yellow button is pressed. It tells the game - hey, it's time to turn your money into extra balls. Otherwise, it should not be lit. The player would not be aware of when the game is on that mode, which would pose a serious problem if they had not collected their win.

Regarding wins. Can you show us 3/4/5 in a row and the r button pressed and the register incrementing?

Can you show us the magic screen awarding and moving? It will not move until at least ABCD are lit on the backglass and after the first ball is shot. You move it with the left/right buttons.

The search/credit award circuitry is far and away the most complex and therefore the most prone to failure. I would like to see if it need an adjustment (or two).

1 week later
    #305 4 years ago

Okay, folks. She's racked, packed and ready to go! Hope to see y'all at the Houston Arcade Expo this coming weekend.

(Had to make a custom bottom for both pieces to make them easy to move like I did with the acrylic pin.)

IMG_1626 (resized).JPGIMG_1626 (resized).JPGIMG_1627 (resized).JPGIMG_1627 (resized).JPGIMG_1628 (resized).JPGIMG_1628 (resized).JPG
    #307 4 years ago

Looks great Steve! See you and Nick Thursday.

#308 4 years ago

sweeet haysues…. Just how many playfields in your garage aren't installed?

#309 4 years ago

They will soon be gone to....
    Clear coat?!?

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

sweeet haysues…. Just how many playfields in your garage aren't installed?

All for the Multi-Bally machine. No cases were destroyed in the making of this project!

#311 4 years ago

Current status - FUBAR. Got off work at lunch. Picked up trailer. Loaded trailer. Loaded other various pinball show related materials in the van. Thought maybe I should check the tires being as it is Canada weather in Texas today. Valve stem broke off in my hand. Tire emptied all air immediately. Shite. Chocked trailer wheels. Jacked trailer tongue and blocked it. Chocked van and jacked it. Removed tire/rim including one completely thread wasted lug nut put on by low wage Discount Tire employee with air gun. So..... Tomorrow I will take the tire to have the valve stem replaced. Bring tire home and install on van. Drive van back to tire shop to have mount stem replaced. Drive back home. Jack trailer and attach to car. Drive to Houston. Was hoping to be there by noon but.....

20191113_172810 (resized).jpg20191113_172810 (resized).jpg
    #312 4 years ago

Nicholas you coming to Houston? I just saw Dennis too. Would like to meet you in person Dennis.

See you there. Make sure to take the bus ride to Dans

--Jeff

#313 4 years ago

Yes, we will be there! Hopefully all goes well with tire/wheel replacement...

#314 4 years ago

The story will get better with age and beer, enjoy the trip as I am certain you will be much in demand at the show. Congratulations! Looking very good.

#315 4 years ago

I was at the set up for the Houston Show starting tomorrow.

Shawn is in the house. He has the 'Clearly Insane Bingo' with him. The experts Nick and Dennis are here too, ready to help getting this marvel ready. Hope it is not a long night but if so they are up for it!
    image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#316 4 years ago

So now there are two! The experts got it mostly up and running like a champ! Not too bad for a couple hours work.

20191114_210645.jpg20191114_210645.jpg
    1 week later
    #317 4 years ago

Many thanks Shawn for making a dream come true. You have to see this game in person to really appreciate the amount of love and time and remarkable craftsmanship that went into building it. The fit and finish is incredible. The sandblasted art work is beautiful.
    And to Nick for bringing this thing back to life in an incredibly short time. I know you did not get much sleep and your work is greatly appreciated. The game would not have been playable had you not attended the show. The working conditions were not exactly ideal! I am forever in your debt.

Had a great time hanging out with you guys and Steve Johnston and am looking forward to our next meeting. Here are a few photos I took at the show. I'll try to get some playfield shots tomorrow.

There are some adjustments still to be made to the game but everything will be up and running correctly by its next appearance at the York show next year. Shawn has graciously allowed me to house the game as he will not be attending many shows in the near future.

Spam and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese! Sorry Nick. None for you!

IMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5972 (resized).JPGIMG_5972 (resized).JPGIMG_5973 (resized).JPGIMG_5973 (resized).JPGIMG_5977 (resized).JPGIMG_5977 (resized).JPG
    #318 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Shawn has graciously allowed me to house the game as he will not be attending many shows in the near future.

Wait. What?
    Say it an't so.

#319 4 years ago

Thank you to Shawn and Dennis for doing the hard work. I just got to fly in and tweak a few switches and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

I agree it was absolutely amazing in it's construction. Several times I would wonder, "how did he handle that?" about part of the construction, and I'd go take a look and be amazed all over again.

It was so much fun to teach a new group of people how to play. Thank you to anyone who gave it a shot, and I look forward to seeing it (and Dennis) again at York and hearing reports from any other show where this great game appears! Shawn, I can't wait to see what you do next (and if you can make it to York, it'll be great to see you again as well)!

3 weeks later
    #320 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

The sandblasted art work is beautiful.

is the backglass sandblasted a bit so you can tell what options are lit?

Beautiful machine

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

is the backglass sandblasted a bit so you can tell what options are lit?
    Beautiful machine

The backglass is not sandblasted. My current plan is to have a backglass printed with just the black key lines and instructions showing. Colored #44 bulbs will be used to designate green, yellow and red odds. Blue bulbs for 2 In Blue etc. Red and yellow bulbs for the Super Sections.
    I hate to do it but I'll have to use LED's for the orange OK lights and Purple Section lights.

Of course this is all subject to Shawns approval. The game is his vision.

#322 4 years ago

I think that's a great idea. I've been meaning to ask if you need me to ship up the backglass print I have along with the other various parts I still have. I know it will return here eventually but I didn't know what you intend to try and do in the mean time.

Shawn

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clearly-insane-part-ii-bingo/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.