Punched it is. Thanks, Dennis.
The lower cabinet is basically done, for now. All that is left is to do the graphics and attach the inner support brackets and hardware. Now I'll move on to the head and get it ready for assembly. That way I am doing all the graphics at once. When I did the basic cutouts for the head I did the sides as squares, knowing I would eventually cut the corners to match the old cabinet I am using as a pattern.
I also drilled out the lock holes on both sides.
I cut the majority of the hole for the wire pass through with the sabre saw and then clamped it to the original and cut the remainder with the router and a pattern bit. Nice and smooth. (This is the "before" pic.)
The next step is to cut a channel on the back end of three sides to allow the back door to close flush. (It's hinged on the fourth.)
Once those channels are complete I'll use the rabbet bit set to create channels for the steps to be inserted. After that I have a few ventilation slots to cut and a couple other small jobs and the head will be ready for graphics and assembly. Moving along.