7 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by eagle18
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 days ago

has anyone used clear rattle cans to clear a cabinet once it is primed and painted? If so, what tips do you suggest? Thanks.

#3 7 days ago

I’ve used rattle can clear on all 3 cabinets I’ve done. Never had a problem. I like it. They don’t come out as glossy as the ones u see on here that spray them with guns. I give them 3 light coats about 10 minutes apart.

#4 7 days ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

I’ve used rattle can clear on all 3 cabinets I’ve done. Never had a problem. I like it. They don’t come out as glossy as the ones u see on here that spray them with guns. I give them 3 light coats about 10 minutes apart.

Thanks. Do you spray over the decals too?

#5 7 days ago
    Quoted from Johncare07:

Thanks. Do you spray over the decals too?

You need to test before clearing decals. Some will curl and/or run, others won't.

#6 7 days ago

My pins are 70’s Bally’s. My cabinets are all Pinball Pimp stencils. The only decals I have are on the aprons and clear before applying and don’t clear after.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside