So I have this NOS Bad Cats playfield I want to clear and use in my machine.. However, reading all the stories about auto clear reacting with the inserts on these playfields I decided to test on one hidden insert and the clear did indeed react causing little bubbles to form.
I have read a number of approaches and wonder which is the most reliable.. Do I:
1. Pre clear with varathane or water based poly and then auto clear over that?
2. Pull all inserts sand and then put the vinyl decals on and clear over all that?
3. Put a thin thin coat of auto clear that hopefully own't react as a sealer?
4. Is there some other auto clear known to work well with LS coated playfields?
5. spatula on a thin coating of clear epoxy over the inserts before clearing?
6. Something I didn't mention
Normally I use a pretty standard ppg shopline clear that works great but this is a unique situation.