(Topic ID: 74238)

Clearcoating In Colder Temperatures

By spaceport

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yellowghost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from spaceport:

Thanks so much for the replies!
    I will be using SprayMax 2K in a spray can, The cans are kept in the house so they are room temperature. According to the documentation, the stuff dries in 12 hours at 68 F.
    I should add that the playfield is separated from the rest of the room in a makeshift booth using plastic draping so maybe that will help keep away any soot from the spray area. I was also thinking of using an oil filled radiator heater in the booth itself after I spray a coat to keep things heated, instead of turning the kerosene heater back on.
    Say I spray a coat in the early afternoon, is it safe for me to bring this in the house at night? Are the nasty, toxic fumes still being released?
    Thanks.

I.would wait at least a day before bringing it inside and even then put it in a un-used room and keep the door shut. As far as curing, two components cure from a chemical reaction so the cooler temperatures should not effect it, but will slow it down

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yellowghost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clearcoating-in-colder-temperatures?tu=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.