Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150919_152842.jpg
20150919_151808.jpg
20150919_151741.jpg
20150919_151719.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just picked up this Monster Bash playfield from Ron Kruzman and Wow did it turn out nice!

I am a little sad i sold this restoration project to a friend after seeing the pf. Pictures cannot come close to doing this justice but here are a few. Thanks for all your hard work Ron.

20150919_151719.jpg20150919_151719.jpg

20150919_151741.jpg20150919_151741.jpg

20150919_151808.jpg20150919_151808.jpg

20150919_152842.jpg20150919_152842.jpg

#2 8 years ago

looks good.

#3 8 years ago

I was just at Rons place a few weeks ago, and saw your MB playfield. I was dropping mine off.
A beautiful job indeed.

#4 8 years ago

Ron does nothing but top notch work.

#5 8 years ago

Dam looks awesome wish I had it to put in my MB

#7 8 years ago

Wow. Ron knocked it out of the park. This is going to look great

#8 8 years ago

sick! i have a cleared BK2000 i cant stop looking at!

#9 8 years ago

Get that swap going.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

I was just at Rons place a few weeks ago, and saw your MB playfield. I was dropping mine off.
A beautiful job indeed.

You doing a MB as well?

Ron and i talked today looks like he is doing my TZ, Bop, and a WOZ.

#11 8 years ago

He just dropped off my Fathom playfield to me yesterday and its amazing to say the least. Thanks Ron for working it out with me and when you need those other playfields you just let me know.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#12 8 years ago

Sorry guys this PF is definitely not for sale. If you want one though i would suggest buying one from Mirco http://www.highclasspinballs.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=628&osCsid=b7c2c999c3b77d52b3c55a370b8bf10e

Have it shipped directly to Ron, please contact him first. I know he is taking on Nos and repro clear jobs now but i don't know how many.

Rons email [email protected]

#13 8 years ago

Ohhh I have a new BoP coming and I'd LOVE to have Ron clear it.....but then I'd be afraid to play a game on it. He get's $500 doesn't he?

#14 8 years ago

Ron's work is amazing. I just received a Shadow playfield from him, it looks fantastic. Once I get either a new phone or a decent camera I'll post some pics. The photo quality of my current phone would simply degrade Ron's work. Regardless, your MB looks great and as you said I'm sure it looks even better in person. What all are you planing to do to protect it when you do the swap? Any mantis protects, mylar, etc?

#15 8 years ago

Wow, beautiful playfield. Rons work is amazing.

#16 8 years ago

Yep, Ron's the man.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ohhh I have a new BoP coming and I'd LOVE to have Ron clear it.....but then I'd be afraid to play a game on it.

Ron's clear isn't just for show.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Ron's work is amazing. I just received a Shadow playfield from him, it looks fantastic. Once I get either a new phone or a decent camera I'll post some pics. The photo quality of my current phone would simply degrade Ron's work. Regardless, your MB looks great and as you said I'm sure it looks even better in person. What all are you planing to do to protect it when you do the swap? Any mantis protects, mylar, etc?

Mantis protectors are a good idea. As far as mylar maybe at the ball drops, i will ask Ron his suggestions and report back. I have not seen dimples or anything like that on one of his pf's personally so i don't know what kind of protection is really needed if any.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Mantis protectors are a good idea. As far as mylar maybe at the ball drops, i will ask Ron his suggestions and report back. I have not seen dimples or anything like that on one of his pf's personally so i don't know what kind of protection is really needed if any.

Your kidding Rock....no dimples...after how many plays?

#21 8 years ago

just for the record, before misinformation gets out here. Dimples are not caused or created in the clearcoat. it's from the wood underneath denting. That's what causes dimples. Over time, the wood will get so beat to shit, that it's one big dimple and stops dimpling.

#22 8 years ago

I know that Cap but I thought clear dimpled too.

#23 8 years ago

clear really doesn't dimple. Can't really compress more than it is.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your kidding Rock....no dimples...after how many plays?

No, not kidding.

I talked to Ron a bit about this. He said his process was built so the playfield would outlive the owner. Ron also said he has not had one report of one of his playfields dimpiling. I get the sense that it is this process that stops the dimples. He also told me wood nowadays is much softer than the wood of the early 90's and before and will dimple rather easily that is probably why clear is such an important part.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

You doing a MB as well?
Ron and i talked today looks like he is doing my TZ, Bop, and a WOZ.

I have my MB and a DiamondPlate Funhouse being touched up and clearcoated.

#27 8 years ago

Ohh that FH playfield wow! I wanted it bad but is was not the right time. Ron and I may have to invite ourselves over when you get them installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clearcoated-mb-pf-by-kruzman-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.