Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Cali9dub
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

When clear coating a playfield with automotive clear coat (Chroma Clear) what do you do to prevent all the screw holes from being filled solid with the clear coat??

#2 10 years ago

clear gets in them, but there's still a dimple. you just put a screw in like before and all is well.

#3 10 years ago

I would say just clear over them, then predrill before adding the screws back in , otherwise the screw may lift the CC off the playfield

#4 10 years ago

Drill em & screw em.

#5 10 years ago

The clear often tends to avoid holes and builds a little tension mound around them.

#6 10 years ago

I was worried about just screwing into it and having it buckle or peel a little around the hole !

#7 10 years ago

I always drill them. Doing a High Speed playfield swap right now and I pre-drill all the holes that screw directly into the playfield...the holes that come from Classic are still too small (better too small than too big) for the screws which results in "mounding". Always want the proper size hole for a screw... If in doubt try in a scrap piece of wood first.

#8 10 years ago

Followup... As info I pre drill playfield holes where the screw goes into the wood with a 3/32" bit. Believe that's the same one I use for the wire lane guides as well.

#9 10 years ago

Screw it!

#10 10 years ago

Just drill first.

#11 10 years ago

Good info !! Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-coating-what-about-screw-holes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.