3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7192 (resized).JPG
IMG_7194 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrArt2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

If it doesn’t pop out easily, as if the clear has sealed it in place, I’d suggest scoring or cutting through the clear along the star plug with a BRAND NEW, SUPER SHARP Exacto #11 blade. Slowly and patiently, like you have all the time in the world. Then pop it out from underneath.

#5 3 years ago

That’s how they come when you buy them new. You just pop the centers out when you’re ready. It’s possible that yours wasn’t cut all the way through? Now, if it’s been cleared over that would definitely make it harder to remove, thus the need for the sharp exacto. I really do believe this is the case looking at your pics.
However, if it really is still molded together and not completely pre-cut from the factory (very unusual) then I’d pop that one out entirely and set in a new one. It’s a pretty easy job, though you should still use the sharp #11 Exacto to cut around the round insert to slice through the clear, otherwise it would lift the clear on the playfield when you tap it out. Polish up the new one so it looks nice and shiny, and install it level to the clear coated playfield.
When I clear coat playfields I use an inverted white star insert because they fit loosely in the hole and have a little handle I use pull it out before the clear flashes. I can see how using the original, tight fitting plug can make it harder to remove.
If needed, once the center insert is out, I will go back with the #11 Exacto and carefully clean up any edges so the new star insert works smoothly. Sometimes I use a small file. Sometimes I use a hot exacto blade (attached to a solder iron type device) It’s just part of the process)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrArt2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-coated-star-roll-over?tu=MrArt2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.