(Topic ID: 273092)

Clear coat ghosting in cpr playfield

By Pinball50

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cherries_jubilee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

So what you're saying is, cpr used the wrong product for the job?

LMAO, yeah that's what he said verbatim.....LOL......CPR has been making playfields for 15 years now, they know what they are doing.
    They only made 1 run of Flight2000 playfields in 2010 ( yeah, 10 Years Ago ).

Quoted from Whysnow:

Appears that inserts have sunk and clean was not bonded well.

No way for the inserts to "sink" as they actually Sit on a Lip ( unlike mirco's which is just a hole ).
    As for the 'bonding', CPR uses 2-Part Industrial Epoxy for gluing. Ever tried to remove an Insert from a CPR Playfield? It is bonded so well that it literately takes part of the wood with it when removed. Mike has told me that when they have to replace an insert they have to use a dremmel to remove so as not to destroy the wood.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

insert did not sink, but there is clearly a big air gap under the clear now.

A lot of things can happen....1 of the biggest is Temperature changes....Humidity is another huge factor ( Oregon has some very Cold/Damp winters ), Heat from incandescent bulbs can be a factor, The rate of Expansion/Contraction is different between Wood & Plastic & coiuld easily have caused this over a 10 year period......

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I seem to recall a message about the difficulty in sourcing the inserts.

I believe you are thinking of the F14 Arrow Inserts, which was not made by cpr......

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

cherries_jubilee do you work for CPR?

No.....but I talk to them all the time.......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cherries_jubilee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-coat-ghosting-in-cpr-playfield?tu=cherries_jubilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.