(Topic ID: 50632)

Cleaning/waxing playingfields in tight area's - Dremel accessory suggestions??

By ritewhereiwant2b

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zpfile000.jpg
yellingcoach.jpg
bth_mind.gif
life-coach-larry.jpg
torches-and-pitchforks.jpg
epic.jpg
pig-run.gif
Digging-Hole001.jpg
evil_laugh_by_bakamichi.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muppet_man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#16 10 years ago

Striping a machine is never going to be much fun, but if it's an area you think you could have reached with a Dremel, then I'm guessing it could be possible to get in there with a cloth and some fine cutting paste. It's tough work doing it this way, and you must make sure you get rid of all the residue, but you can get some good results, and it would save you going the whole hog. You should spray on some cleaning fluid first like Novus, then the cut, then more Novus, then simply wax it after.

Failing that, as has been said (although maybe got taken the wrong way accidentally), you would have to remove the bits to get to it properly. If you don't want an entire strip, then you could at least remove enough to make it easier for you to get to the localised spots you want to work on.

I don't know LLoyd, but it's my experience that most people on here are pretty helpful towards each other, but sometimes comments don't seem to be what you expect or seem to be a little short or blasé. People who love there pins sometimes forget that not everyone wants to wade in and strip a machine right off the bat, where as others wouldn't dream of anything but a complete strip the moment it comes through the door. Generally it's just one persons manor not fitting in with someone else's. But usually it's just it aimed in the right direction.

Good luck there chap and welcome to Pinside.

#51 10 years ago

Hey guys, this is none of my business, but calm down there.

LTG made a comment, which if your not aware of how he answers, may have seemed a trifle contrite. The guy asked a question, which I would imagine he thought was what he wanted to do. Now telling the guy that based on your experience it's a bad move, and really you need to strip the playfield to achieve the desired results probably would have been a fine answer, and I'm sure that is what the essence of the answer LTG gave was. However if you look at it from the other side of the fence, saying "Bite the bullet and do it right." could seem like someone telling you "your an idiot, if you can't be bothered to do it right, don't do it all". I am not saying this is what he meant for one moment, but for those who don't know otherwise, this is how it could be taken. I don't believe for one moment that he's upset because he didn't like being told he had to do it a certain way he didn't like. He asked a question about doing it one way, and he didn't get an answer telling why that wouldn't work.

However, rather than someone, without sarcasm, pointing out this was not how it was meant, you've all gone for the jugular straight off. If you did that to me, (as after this I may well get), it would put my back straight up, and frankly, I don't care if you were a combo of Martin Luther King, Ghandi and Mother Teresa wrapped up in one, you wouldn't get an apology from me, even if I could see I had over reacted. So ease of guys.

If LTG is as great a guy as you all say (and I have no reason to doubt that he is one way or the other), then I would hope that he doesn't condone the way your all letting rip here. It's like a primary school playground.

I would suggest that to the benefit of the whole site, it would be better now if rather than just posting for the sake of having an extra go about something of which the point has already been well and truly made, it would be helpful now just to post in answer to the original question that was posed. Thus proving that Pinside is full of helpful friendly people, rather than all jumping on the bandwagon.

LTG, based on your posted comment, you are the bigger man, and everyone else should perhaps take a page from your book.

#62 10 years ago

You guys just won't quit it. Seriously, it's becoming a regular womens hour. You think he's been an arse, but from where I'm standing (OK, sitting), the ones that are looking increasingly like arse's are not the original poster.

Just let it rest, judging by his post just five or so ago (have you guys even read all of the posts), even LTG can see that enough is enough.

If the only comments you have are to moan, start a thread entitled - extended rant because there's nothing on TV.

Prove how friendly Pinside can be and let it pass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider muppet_man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaningwaxing-playingfields-in-tight-areas-dremel-accessory-suggestions?tu=muppet_man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.