Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi Fellas

What are you suing to clean and buff tie JJP playfield. My WOZ looks great and is maybe played 2-3 times a week for a few games sonindknt anticipate it going south soon but would like to keep it shiny new as much as possible

Thanks for weighing in

G

#2 5 years ago

Have you ever waxed it? If not then that would be step one. It will both protect the game and make it shine more.

You should only have to vacuum or microfiber up the dust in your game once a month after giving it a good waxing.

There are a variety of opinions and threads already discussing what the best wax/cleaner and techniques are, here's a good one to start with: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#3 5 years ago

Agreed. Wax every 3-6 months with either blitz wax or P21S. Pure caranuba is what you want.

For in between cleanings, JJP recommends Wizards Mist and Shine. I’ve used it, and it works well. Like Novus 1 only it smells a lot better.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. I’m grateful for the feedback. I’m going to get some of the wizards mist to have on hand and in the meantime I’ll use P 21S to wax the playfield as I don’t know if it has been done before. Thanks again

7 months later
    #5 5 years ago

Any problem using Novus 2 to clean?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from wheels:

Any problem using Novus 2 to clean?

No need to use that on something as new as a JJP playfield. You’ll just wear away at the clear as it contains abrasives.

#7 5 years ago

Sounds like I should give the Wizard's Mist a try? Anyone used this? Good results?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from wheels:

Anyone used this? Good results?

Wizard Mist N' Shine started at the factory on WOZ. Works good.

LTG : )

#9 5 years ago

+1 on wizards mist n shine. Works great.

#10 5 years ago

Perfect! I'll try it. Good to use on Sterns as well? Thank you, everyone!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from wheels:

Perfect! I'll try it. Good to use on Sterns as well? Thank you, everyone!

Yes. Fine for Sterns. Read Vids guide to cleaning and waxing in the forum. Lots of good tips there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-your-jjp-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.