• Latest reply 6 years ago by Stones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200_s (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

Has anyone created or seen anything safe that can clean around loops that are under ramps.

I am looking for an easier way to clean loops like the back loop on tron or under the upper playfields like Game of Thrones LE with out having to take the playfield or ramps off

#2 6 years ago

I always thought flexible gun cleaning tools. But you risk damage, not doing a good enough job.

Best take the time and do it right.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

We gently push through microfiber rags by hand. This will do all of our line up at the moment. We clean the playfield with microfiber rag and Novus no1. We then use that rag to push through all the loops and ramps that are hard to get to.

If there are long sections, we wrap the microfiber rag around a flexible gun cleaner.

Gently is the word to remember. It is easy to pull plenty of parts out if you are not careful. You will get really good at it with lots of practice.

#4 6 years ago

I find soap and water works ok on my snake.

Sometimes I use some of that fancy body wash if there's some around.

rd

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 6 years ago

Griots Garage sells a detailing stick system. Part #110219. There are others designed for detailing motorcycles.

Might work, not sure. I would suggest that anything being shoved under a ramp, and made with metal could easily scratch the playfield or art work of the playfield plastics.

#6 6 years ago

Having this same issue. Getting ready to pull the upper PF for GOTLE for precisely this reason... Tron is another PITA - but at least you can get to it by removing just 4 screws of the back insert....

#7 6 years ago

I made a cleaning snake for my Tron using a section of plastic clothes hanger and microfiber cloth. Just cut to desired length and melt the end so there are no sharp edges.

#8 6 years ago

I use a piece of flat bamboo, rubber band, cloth scrap, and novus 1.

The bamboo bends, allows wiping pressure, and the wood is mostly safe with care.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I find soap and water works ok on my snake.
Sometimes I use some of that fancy body wash if there's some around.
rd

200_s (resized).png200_s (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-snake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.