Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by doghouse
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just bought a brand new set, and the very first one I put on, I got it all dirty from my grubby hands. And of course it doesn't wash off easily.

I don't want to use soap or any cleaners to get the grime off without checking here first.

So, what do you guys use to clean brand new rubbers?

#2 10 years ago

Lighter fluid ( Naphtha ) works well.

#4 10 years ago

This is the best stuff on the market. Works great!

#5 10 years ago

I think pin guard is just orange oil. Good stuff either way.

#6 10 years ago

a bit of Armour all on a Q-tip cleans 'em up nice . . .

#7 10 years ago

I use plain old Ronsonol brand lighter fluid.

#8 10 years ago

Works great for 5 bucks, and it may be weird but I really like the smell.

#10 10 years ago

91% rubbing alcohol and clean rag.

#11 10 years ago

And none of the above chemicals will degrade the rubber or cause it to dry out? That's my biggest fear, especially on brand new ones.

#12 10 years ago

I have used naptha for years and have not noticed any degredation.

#13 10 years ago

Dude... tie it in a knot and throw it out. If it's dirty when you pull it out... it's not new. They should be sealed for chrissakes! Using them twice is not cool. You're going to knock her up and then what are you going to do????

#14 10 years ago

The advantages of Pinguard, It's water based rather than solvent based. Toxicity is low, not flammable It works, and does not attack rubber. And of course Terry is a good guy and it is good to support good guys.

1 week later
    #15 10 years ago

I am hesitant to post this but I am. I "layman' researched this over 20 yrs ago and if I'm not mistaken ArmourAll for rubber sucks as it contains "milk".

#16 10 years ago

I've never tried amour all but it doesn't sound right. That stuff is slick like owl snot. We want rubber that is tacky so it interacts well with the ball. I use 99% alcohol that I get free from work. Never had any problems with it drying out rubber as some have suggested. And to kismetnumber1, did you even read his post? They were new rubbers he got dirty installing them.

#17 10 years ago

I like the RC-88 from Pinball Resource. www.pbresource.com.

Wildcat RC88 rubber cleaner.
    Did you ever just install a rubber ring kit , and for some reason touch one of the rings and leave the famous black spot. Well now instead of shifting the position of the ring, you can use Wildcat's RC-88 to clean it.

16oz. Squeeze Bottle
    $9.90

#18 10 years ago

I use CP-100 for rubbers.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

91% rubbing alcohol and clean rag.

Second this. Works great!!

George

#20 10 years ago

I use purple power and it works well

#21 10 years ago

CP-100

#22 10 years ago

Discovered by accident-- Goo Gone is incredible for cleaning rubbers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-rubbers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.