Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by eh97ac
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Trying to figure out a better way to clean the post and other plastic parts (obviously not "the plastics") when shopping out a pin. Anyone ever try tumbling them and if so what media do you use? Up till this point I have always wiped/scrubbed every single piece with a ME and alcohol. Fingers get pretty tired and it's just a tedious process. I thought of this last night while I was putting some of the metal pieces in my tumbler. Please share any other cleaning strategies that may be out there.....

#9 7 years ago

Ultrasonic cleaner....I've not seen one. I just googled and I'm finding them in the $30 range. Used for jewelry...is this what I'm looking for? What is the best size?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I've had great luck with this unit: http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html
    Make sure to use a 25% coupon to get it for 60

Thanks, I predict I will own one of these before the weekend is over.....

#19 7 years ago

Update:
    I made the trip to HF and purchased the ultrasonic cleaner. I got the 2.5 liter version for $64 using a 20% off coupon (regular price $79.99). The first time I used it I was not impressed. I ran the same post through several cycles and still did not receive the results I wanted. After reading some other post about these cleaners I decided to increase the amount of Simple Green as I was only putting in a small amount. My new mixture is roughly 60/40 water to Simple Green. The results are fantastic! The additional cleaner made a HUGE difference. I can't believe I am just now picking up one of these cleaners. Well worth the $64. In fact, it saved me $25 just on this one pin as I was going to replace some of the parts until I saw how clean they could be, not to mention the ease and amount of time saved.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-post-and-other-plastic-parts?tu=Sonora70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.