(Topic ID: 113811)

Cleaning plunger shafts, what solution should I use?

By LoserKid_Pinball

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by calvin12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So I'm starting to learning how to fully shop my pins and I didn't know if you just wipe you plunger shaft down with alcohol to get all that old metal dust off of it or if you need to toss your plunger shaft in a tumbler...which by the way. What is a tumbler?

#2 9 years ago

Tumbler - like for polishing rocks or shell casings for shooting.

I find wiping them off is usually good enough.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Cool! Sounds good. What tumbler would you suggest if I wanted to polish my little metal parts on the playfield?

#4 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbler-size Search Pinside. There are several threads about different tumblers and sizes.

I use a cheapy one for rocks I picked up years ago.

LTG : )™

#5 9 years ago

For big easy parts like shooter rods, some fine steel wool is quick and easy

#6 9 years ago

Squirt it with windex, and wipe it off

#7 9 years ago

Another product is Never Dull. Very nice in shining up metal.

#8 9 years ago

Shooter rod in a tumbler will make the pull look terrible if it is a plastic one

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-plunger-shafts-what-solution-should-i-use and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.