Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-45.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

A quick (and easy, I hope) question. What do people clean the inside of the cabinets with? Boards, wiring and wood. I wouln't like a lot of water/soap in there due to wood swelling and effects on electronics.

#2 10 years ago

Basic: vacuum while using a soft 2" paintbrush to loosen dirt.

A bit more: remove everything, cover with Scrubbling Bubbles, wipe off. Lifts dirt like no other and kills bad odors.

Scrubbing Bubbles also works great on circuit boards. Spray, let sit, rinse in running water, let stand for a few minutes, blow off with compressed air, then let sit in front of a fan for a hour or two. Use with caution naturally, but I've had 100% success and the boards look beautiful.

#3 10 years ago

BTW, it's this stuff ... not sure if available in Australia.

image-45.jpgimage-45.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for that. I don't think Australia has this beast yet. Is it just foamy soap?
    I'll try the paint brush and vaccuum trick first.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for that. I don't think Australia has this beast yet. Is it just foamy soap?
    I'll try the paint brush and vaccuum trick first.

Oops ... My "tiny flag recognition skills" were tested and I failed. Okay, Australia and not GB, got it! Now edited.

Anyhow, yeah, I guess it's just foaming soap, but check the Material Safety Data Sheet on it for contents. Maybe from that you can find a similar product.

#7 10 years ago

A palm sander and some 100 grit makes it look new........

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

A palm sander and some 100 grit makes it look new........

Even 80 grit if it's real dirty

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Even 80 grit if it's real dirty

80,79, whatever it takes.....

#10 10 years ago

Another vote for sanding here, it's pretty much the only way to truly "clean" the bare wood areas.

#11 10 years ago

I'll second the sanding of the bottom if you want to go all out. For the other items the OP asked about (boards, wiring and painted sides): Scrubbing Bubbles or equivalent.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-inside-the-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.