2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigehrl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Just curious for those that have machines on route what your maintenance practices are. I'm 3 weeks on location with my GZ Pro and besides wiping it down and making sure it takes money I haven't done anything special. I think it's about time to pull the glass and wipe down the playfield at least. Looking for suggestions/tips.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from rue_:

Looking for suggestions/tips.

See dirt. Clean the dirt. Dirt has no time frame.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

When ever you collect, you should inspect both topside and bottom side. Look for loose post, rubber wear, broken plastics, inspect pinballs. Clean ball trails/Dirt as needed.

#5 2 years ago

After cleaning and emptying the money, lock the game up and play a game as a customer. Put coins in each slot. Play a full game, trying to hit each target/item on the machine. Find anything broken non/working? Open up and fix, then lock again and start process from start.

Properly working games make more money!

#6 2 years ago

i think a good rule of thumb (mind you this is in a perfect world, and will vary based on title, make, ball times, environment, types of players, and countless other factors, so take these as estimates), but around every 1000 games you should... change out coil sleeves on all mechs, replace worn flipper rear coil stops (always both bottom flippers together, to maintain alignment and stroke), tighten bumber posts and rails from above and below PF, wipe down and check plungers on all mechs, check alignment on plunger, replace pinballs, clean bill validator reader (if applicable), plus probably many other details i'm probably forgetting. things like cleaning, changing rubbers and light bulbs should be done more often than that, as needed. and as others have said, don't leave until you credit up and play a full game. make sure you didn't leave a screwdriver sitting in the middle of the playfield.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i think a good rule of thumb (mind you this is in a perfect world, and will vary based on title, make, ball times, environment, types of players, and countless other factors, so take these as estimates), but around every 1000 games you should... change out coil sleeves on all mechs, replace worn flipper rear coil stops (always both bottom flippers together, to maintain alignment and stroke), tighten bumber posts and rails from above and below PF, wipe down and check plungers on all mechs, check alignment on plunger, replace pinballs, clean bill validator reader (if applicable), plus probably many other details i'm probably forgetting. things like cleaning, changing rubbers and light bulbs should be done more often than that, as needed. and as others have said, don't leave until you credit up and play a full game. make sure you didn't leave a screwdriver sitting in the middle of the playfield.

I agree with this except 1000 plays is way too low. Maybe more like 3-5k. At least on Stern. You'll feel the machine start to be sluggish feeling. Every 1k plays check the flipper linkages for play and I inspect everything and replace as needed but typically you can just replace the linkage, coil stop and sleeve and it will play like new for another 1k plays. Any more than that is throwing money away and won't make the game play any better.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I agree with this except 1000 plays is way too low. Maybe more like 3-5k.

fully agree. i was definitely being conservative. figure better to think that way, and then loosen up as you gain experience.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-games-on-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.