By koolego

7 months ago

Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Swainer80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

flippers (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean up my TZ flippers, I am asking because I am going to use transparent flipper rubbers so it needs to be clean.

Have tried simple green, eucalyptus & alcohol (on the flipper as well) with no luck.

Before I go and buy new ones I thought I would check if there are any tricks.

flippers (resized).jpg

#2 7 months ago

CP100 works well

#3 7 months ago

Lacquer thinner.

#4 7 months ago

I wonder if wet sanding with progressively higher grit would do the trick? Soon to try this myself as I usually get new bats

#5 7 months ago

T-Cut or Novus 2 and plenty of ooomphhhh.

#6 7 months ago

Not sure if you have GooGone, but I've had great results with that. Just spray on and let it soak. It's just a citrus based adhesive remover. Australia may have something similar under a different name...infused with Vegemite...because...AUSTRALIA.

#7 7 months ago

I use lighter fluid first to get the sticky or hardened gunk off, then Novus #2 polish.

#8 7 months ago

Magic Eraser will get that off. with some Spray Nine or Simple Green, then polish with some Novus 2 to buff up the scratches from the ME. don't clean the top of the flipper with ME, you will lose the gloss of the plactic.

#9 7 months ago

I've gone at mine with heavy sandpaper and still not gotten the stuff off.

#10 7 months ago

Magic Eraser and alcohol, works every time for me. You need to use a little muscle but it comes off just fine.

#11 7 months ago

Goof-Off works really well. Make sure you get all the residue off with water.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Magic Eraser and alcohol, works every time for me. You need to use a little muscle but it comes off just fine.

This is the go-to for almost everything pinball for me.

#13 7 months ago

Stern flipper bats stain badly.

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Des drinking a beer while magic erasing count?

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Denatured alcohol. I've just used a rag and never had to use ME. But agree with Bugsy, a little muscle and let the alcohol do its thing. It will slowly clean right off.

#16 7 months ago

Toss them in a tumbler with some Novus 2 and run it over night.

#17 7 months ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Toss them in a tumbler with some Novus 2 and run it over night.

On plastic?! Didn't know you could do that. If so, that is very exciting. I'm assuming you'd want to use fine media & shorten the tumble time?

#18 7 months ago

Goo Gone work great.

#19 7 months ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

On plastic?! Didn't know you could do that. If so, that is very exciting. I'm assuming you'd want to use fine media & shorten the tumble time?

I use walnut shell for media. Have done it for plastic posts too.

#20 7 months ago

I use Bon Ami with water a rag and some pressure with my thumb. Works great. Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 989.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
West Chester , PA
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 60.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plainfield, IL
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 211 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside