Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 1,181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_125716 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 18-48-23 CPID (resized).png
    20240415_183026 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214834127 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214852179 (resized).jpg
    20231203_011654.jpg
    IMG_3745 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_2734058_571027 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20230831_002608.jpg
    IMG_2698 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #51 A list of pretenders. Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #77 Wax Recommendation Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #1237 Playfield protectors Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #1954 Opening a jar of blitz Posted by vid1900 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1134 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

VM&P Naphtha
    CAS # 64742-89-8
    Composition:
    33% Paraffins
    67% Napthenes (cycloparaffins)
    0.2% Aromatics
    < 0.0002% Benzene
    That doesn't seem like a lot of Benzene does it?

Quoted from Jeremy8419:

So, what is it that is the "good stuff"?

For me, it's probably the Aromatics!!

1 year later
    #1506 5 years ago

If you’re buying a remake from CGC as your first and only game, put your Novus 2 in long term storage. You will have misplaced it or lost it anyway by the time you ever need it on a NIB game.

Also... NIB games do NOT come waxed from the manufacturer.

#1509 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont know, stubborn ball trails can happen pretty quickly.

Just one more reason to wax the unit as soon as you get it and clean the balls and everything else before the first play. I have an MMR with a couple years of use that looks brand new with only Novus 1. But if anyone wants to use Novus 2, which is more abrasive, it's their prerogative. This is Vid's thread and guide anyway... he knows much better than I do. Just giving my two cents worth... which is probably only worth about half that.

4 months later
    #1581 5 years ago

I second @pinballinreno's sage advice. I use Blitz, but hear P21S is just as good.

I especially like the advice of playing a few games before waxing. Mostly so you get a good feel for the game first and then can say "holy shit" once you wax it and the balls are just flying around like a bat out of hell. It never ceases to amaze me when I have a game I haven't waxed in 5-6 months and am getting used to the play and then I wax it and balls are just zinging!!

1 week later
    #1622 5 years ago

Super Lube FTW!!

3 weeks later
    #1668 4 years ago

#1718 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I recommend getting the 32 oz concentrate and mixing with distilled water (you will have to put it in your own spray bottle):
    amazon.com link »

Water and wood don’t mix well. Ok, if your clearcoated, the water will never come in contact with the wood. But some older playfields, or even newer ones with wear or chips in the playfield might expose the wood to water. Why chance it? I keep water away from my pins at all cost. And for similar reasons, I never use glass cleaner with ammonia because of it’s affect on plastics. I mean, if you only get it on the glass it’s fine, but why risk overspray or spillage onto a plastic.

2 weeks later
    #1757 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

A buddy of mine basically said, just wax it on a regular occasion and don't worry about it.

Good advice!!

Quoted from xsvtoys:

The problem with this discussion is that it has become too long, and many things are just going around in circles. ...

Probably the best way to resolve would be for someone to go through it all and pull out all of the important details, ignore the chaff, and organize it so it becomes an easy-to-reference guide.

My recommendation to anyone... Just scroll to the top of the page and where it says "Find in Topic" type vid1900 into the "Posts by pinsider..." box. Voila... you have an easily readable guide cutting out all the extraneous advice from everyone else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.