Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 1,180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_125716 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 18-48-23 CPID (resized).png
    20240415_183026 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214834127 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214852179 (resized).jpg
    20231203_011654.jpg
    IMG_3745 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_2734058_571027 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20230831_002608.jpg
    IMG_2698 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #51 A list of pretenders. Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #77 Wax Recommendation Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #1237 Playfield protectors Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #1954 Opening a jar of blitz Posted by vid1900 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 8 years ago

Great topic, love to hear from some experienced pinheads what they think is best. used mill wax but will throw that in the trash right away. Problem is how do you get one grand blitz wax in Europe? I only see one seller on Amazon. Where do you buy that stuff? I will be heading to the US in May maybe pick up some there but before going on a wild goose chase on auto stores who will all try to sell me something similar.... Any suggestions?

#559 8 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I should be in CZ in June if i can help.

Well thanks, going to try to get some delivered to my hotel next May. Hope that works. CZ is still about 1000 miles from holland so droppigng by is not an option

1 month later
    #681 7 years ago

I got the blitz wax and it looks great. Just need to get the naphtha here in Europe. I think the discussion here is good but when someone with a lot of experience sgives you an advice, it is just stupid to ignore it. Of course different fields, different problems, different solutions, but the Naphtha solution seems to be a non aggressive one to try first. You can always use heavier stuff once you see that does not do the trick.

1 month later
    #787 7 years ago

I got the Blitzwax from carcareonline back in May. It's great stuff, comes on like butter indeed.
    Just leave it dry for 30 minutes, buff it with a microcloth, all comes of and a beautiful shine and fast playfield is the result.
    Maybe something with temperature? adding it to thick?
    I put it on with the round sponge, it is soft when I apply it. No problem here.

1 week later
    #802 7 years ago

After how many plays should you wax again for proper protection?
    Any indication?

3 months later
    #951 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

Good, ready to wax! )
    So, any European here knowing where to get Blitz Wax from?

I could not find it anywhere in europe. I bought mine while I was in the US. PinballLife has some for a fair price. Remember that stuff lasts almost forever. Only the shipping is real pricey but it's cheaper than flying over there. Maybe combine an order with friends.

3 months later
    #1024 7 years ago

Question, is there a way to restore rampflaps. Mine are beginning to rust. I can polish them but how do i get them the blue/black color again. These are popped to the ramp any easy way to do this

#1027 7 years ago

Ok buy new ones, how to remove the old rivet, drill them out? And install a new one, is there tooling for that.

6 months later
    #1112 6 years ago

I think it is stated clearly to use only Nafta to clean and pure carnauba wax like One Grand for waxing. You do not need more.

#1115 6 years ago

I have the Coleman fuel from any camp store here in Europe. Works great. And is also cheap. 6€

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.