4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 830 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 291 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D42A5BFF-7935-417E-B857-A1A8EC4678DE (resized).jpeg
    3679737D-6271-4698-86D7-9CB37B825470 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2394 (resized).jpeg
    20190615_102849 (resized).jpg
    dremel-specialty-hand-tools-pc10-01-64_1000 (resized).jpg
    949A33B7-ED5A-4ADC-9A23-2EDD4CE4444D (resized).jpeg
    nascar (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190514_173541 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190509-205529~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20190509-205649 (resized).png
    IMG_20190509_202119 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190509_202136 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190509_193108 (resized).jpg
    20190331_212120[3433].jpg
    20190331_211439[3432].jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.
    #1801 61 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Forgive me if I missed this after only reading the first 900 or so posts in this thread, but how does the above reconcile with your oft-quoted
    "Wipe with soft cloth moistened with Novus1 or Simple Green"?
    Do you mean don't spray Simple Green DIRECTLY onto the playfield but it's ok to apply with a towel? Or is there some other hidden meaning between these two apparently conflicting directives? Also, are you diluting the Simple Green per the label or using it full strength? My No Fear is waiting patiently for a response. And thanks for all the info so far!

Dont bother with novus 1 or novus 3.

Use mist n shine and novus2.

Use novus 2 for heavy ball tracks that wint wipe off, followed with pure carnauba like blitz 1000 or P21S silver.

Other than that, VM&P Naptha to clean mechanical parts and badly soiled playfied targets and such.

Always re-wax the playfield in areas that naptha was used as a cleaner. It readily removes wax.

Oddly naptha wont harm anything on the playfield.

#1802 61 days ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Always re-wax the playfield in areas that naptha was used as a cleaner. It readily removes wax.

It's the only thing I use to remove wax, no residue to deal with.

#1803 61 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

It's the only thing I use to remove wax, no residue to deal with.

Naptha is a wonderful thing!

#1804 58 days ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dont bother with novus 1 or novus 3.
    Use mist n shine and novus2.
    Use novus 2 for heavy ball tracks that wint wipe off, followed with pure carnauba like blitz 1000 or P21S silver.
    Other than that, VM&P Naptha to clean mechanical parts and badly soiled playfied targets and such.

It's weird, everyone I know uses Novus 1 to clean their playfield and these guys all know their shit. That's all I've ever used because I learned from them and my games are super clean. I'm not trying to argue because I'm certainly not an expert on the subject but Novus 1 seems to do a fantastic job for me.

#1805 58 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's weird, everyone I know uses Novus 1 to clean their playfield and these guys all know their shit. That's all I've ever used because I learned from them and my games are super clean. I'm not trying to argue because I'm certainly not an expert on the subject but Novus 1 seems to do a fantastic job for me.

Novus 1 and Mist N Shine are fairly similar cleaning products when it comes to playfields. Both work fine. Mist N Shine has a much nicer smell though.

#1806 58 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Novus1 is a plastic cleaner.

Mist n shine is a clearcoat cleaner. It has more wax in it and is better suited for playfields, ramps and plastics.

They are similar. Mist n shine is way cheaper and better.

Sparkle glass cleaner is also a good ammonia free cleaner that is safe to use on everything, including anti-glare treated playfield glass.

#1807 57 days ago

Spray way glass cleaner, nothing better, cleans and polishes the glass.

#1808 57 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

And its ammonia free!
    Perfect.

#1809 57 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

You can also use it to clean the tint film on your car windows. Multi-purpose.

#1810 55 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

It’s also dirt cheap and locally available (Wallymart, Sams, Kroger, etc...).

#1811 54 days ago
    Quoted from joseph5185:

I lied ...
    This looks pretty "solid" for a complete n00b like me...
    http://pinhedz.com/
    I don't understand most of it, but I like the presentation.
    This was mentioned a few pages back around a year ago and virtually went ignored...
    I'll actually shut up now.. =/
    EDIT: I went to https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/ (which I respect more out of all the other companies listed), looked for pinhedz on their site and they had no products to show.
    Hmm...

Pinhedz has many retail dealers, some of which sell the products in store, and some online. Flipn out was owned by my buddy Larry Kitchen, he sold Pinhedz primarily at shows. When he sold the business to Zach, Zach made the decision not to carry any small items. They are focusing strictly on machines.
    You can get the products from many dealers, or online at Pinball Pro, Cointaker, Mezel mods, Pinball Wizard, Tilt Graphics inc

3 weeks later
    #1812 28 days ago

So I picked up a machine from the 1960’s that was absolutely filthy and it literally had caked on dirt. I used the old naphtha method and it did absolutely nothing in terms of cleaning. It has done wonders for me in the past. For the first time I used simple green on a barely damp microfiber cloth and I have to say it worked amazing. I know that there is a huge debate whether or not to use water based cleaners on playfields but if you wipe it off immediately it should be fine. Vid actually contradicts himself in his guide at one point and says to never use water based cleaners and then about ten pages later he actually mentions the use of simple green to remove dirt rather than grind it in using Novus. I’m converted.

#1813 28 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

So I picked up a machine from the 1960’s that was absolutely filthy and it literally had caked on dirt. I used the old naphtha method and it did absolutely nothing in terms of cleaning. It has done wonders for me in the past. For the first time I used simple green on a barely damp microfiber cloth and I have to say it worked amazing. I know that there is a huge debate whether or not to use water based cleaners on playfields but if you wipe it off immediately it should be fine. Vid actually contradicts himself in his guide at one point and says to never use water based cleaners and then about ten pages later he actually mentions the use of simple green to remove dirt rather than grind it in using Novus. I’m converted.

Discrete use is ok and can yield great results.

Purple power is also really effective in tiny doses.

Generally on a rag. Not flooded onto the playfield.

#1815 22 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I used Krud Kuttrer on a rag recently.

Followed by a naptha wipe down to pick up moisture.

Worked really good on tar from cigarette smoke.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 15.00
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 60.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside