Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,210 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 1,180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_125716 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 18-48-23 CPID (resized).png
    20240415_183026 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214834127 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240117_214852179 (resized).jpg
    20231203_011654.jpg
    IMG_3745 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_2734058_571027 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20230831_002608.jpg
    IMG_2698 (resized).jpeg
    6000200939221-1075093065 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1834 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.
    #801 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Try a new cloth.
    If that does not fix it, sounds like bootleg Blitz.

It looks like a new cloth did the trick. I guess it's time to replace them. Even though they are all clean, I'm surprised they can only be washed and reused a few times before they stop working well

#802 7 years ago

After how many plays should you wax again for proper protection?
    Any indication?

#803 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like a new cloth did the trick. I guess it's time to replace them. Even though they are all clean, I'm surprised they can only be washed and reused a few times before they stop working well

Make sure you are not washing with fabric softener a. Never use fabric softener with mf towels... That ruins them. They are consumable, but they should last a reasonable amount of uses.

#804 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Try a new cloth.
    If that does not fix it, sounds like bootleg Blitz.

How can I tell if my Blitz is bootleg?

#805 7 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

After how many plays should you wax again for proper protection?
    Any indication?

Just drag your fingertips over the area in front of the flippers.

If the playfield feels waxed, you are still good.

If the playfield feels like an unwaxed car, time for another coat of wax.

#806 7 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

How can I tell if my Blitz is bootleg?

If it has a green tint like TurtleWax, or it can be ignited - it's bootleg.

#807 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just drag your fingertips over the area in front of the flippers.
    If the playfield feels waxed, you are still good.
    If the playfield feels like an unwaxed car, time for another coat of wax.

that's the main issue, what if you have never waxed a car

#808 7 years ago
    Quoted from hisokajp:

Tell your dad you want to start carrying your weight around the house and ask him if you can help wash and wax the minivan on Sunday.

#809 7 years ago

Do you have any suggestions to get a mylared playfield to buff out more shiny?
    It seems that every time I buff a playfield, I can never make these spots as good as the original finish.

#810 7 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Do you have any suggestions to get a mylared playfield to buff out more shiny?

You'd probably need to step up to a mechanical polisher. Not sure you could get mylar shiny by hand.

#811 7 years ago
    Quoted from hisokajp:

A clean cloth should slide around the surface like its floating after a fresh wax. It will zip around if flung. You will recognize the difference after you've felt it in person. The waxed surface will be slick. When it's dirty or worn away, the surface will have more friction and will feel smooth, but not slick.

#812 7 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

A clean cloth should slide around the surface like its floating after a fresh wax. It will zip around if flung. You will recognize the difference after you've felt it in person. The waxed surface will be slick. When it's dirty or worn away, the surface will have more friction and will feel smooth, but not slick.

Or pour water on it and it should bead up...no, no. Just kidding.

#813 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tell your dad you want to start carrying your weight around the house and ask him if you can help wash and wax the minivan on Sunday.

haha funny when you tell a 35y married man with a 4y old daughter that has lived by himself since he was 18 Just lived in cities where I didn't really need a car until moving to Seattle couple year ago ;0)

#814 7 years ago
    Quoted from hisokajp:

haha funny when you tell a 35y married man with a 4y old daughter that has lived by himself since he was 18 Just lived in cities where I didn't really need a car until moving to Seattle couple year ago ;0)

You must have waxed something in those 35 years? If not its time to get waxing.

#815 7 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

You must have waxed something in those 35 years? If not its time to get waxing.

you think I would have right? but I don't think I did... Changing continent every few years didn't make for much possession to wax

#816 7 years ago

Another microfiber tip; wash microfiber with no other cloths. I keep two five gallon buckets in my garage to keep cotton and microfiber separate fo r washing. I also rinse twice in the washing machine. Dry microfiber on delicate cycle as high heat tends to melt the micro threads.

From my professional auto detailing training you always apply with 100% cotton terry cloths. Pep boys and other auto parts stores sell these for $15 for a bag of 20. Cotton blend has hard polyester threads and cause suirls and light scratching.

Microfiber is used for buffing, not applying.

I buy chemical guys gold brand microfiber off eBay. Best microfiber towels ever made.

#817 7 years ago

I recently picked up a VERY used Time Warp. I am not looking to do a total rehab but just get it to play decently again.

As you can see the play field is in tatters. If there ever was any clear on it, it is long gone. With all that bare wood I am curious if I really can wax the game or is the wood too porous ?

Thank you

IMG_0458_(resized).JPGIMG_0458_(resized).JPG

#818 7 years ago
    Quoted from DorothyMacaw:

With all that bare wood I am curious if I really can wax the game or is the wood too porous ?

You can wax pretty much anything. The wax will fill a any holes/gaps/ridges anyway.

#819 7 years ago

Thank you, ForceFlow

1 week later
    #820 7 years ago

Anyone have a pic of how they laid mylar down in a shooter lane? I would like to see some examples if possible.

#821 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone have a pic of how they laid mylar down in a shooter lane? I would like to see some examples if possible.

I can help. What exactly are you trying to see? How we cut the Mylar to fit in there, or just what a shooter lane looks like with Mylar over it?

#822 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can help. What exactly are you trying to see? How we cut the Mylar to fit in there, or just what a shooter lane looks like with Mylar over it?

Trying to see how folks cut it. I have done a couple of mine so far and wondering if maybe there isn't a better way. Probably just over-thinking it, but thought I would ask.

#823 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Trying to see how folks cut it. I have done a couple of mine so far and wondering if maybe there isn't a better way. Probably just over-thinking it, but thought I would ask.

Cool. I cut it to make it look like a pair of pants. Haha. The legs go on either side of the shooter lane switch.

#824 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool. I cut it to make it look like a pair of pants. Haha. The legs go on either side of the shooter lane switch.

I am pretty much the same. I think the reason I question the look is because I am using pretty thick Mylar. Once down it is good, but getting it to follow the contour takes a little finesse and a blow dryer..........lol

#825 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I am pretty much the same. I think the reason I question the look is because I am using pretty thick Mylar. Once down it is good, but getting it to follow the contour takes a little finesse and a blow dryer..........lol

Ahhh. I see. Mine I thinner so it's pretty easy to lay it down in there. I think I just bought a big sheet off Marco.

#826 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

13. I used Novus2 to polished the tops of the plastics. I CAREFULLY polished the bottom side of the plastic that goes over the drop target penis. I did not want to polish off any of the ink, but the balls hopping off the drops always scratches this plastic up.
    All the plastics got new white rubber barrel post caps. These help protect the plastics better than post nuts, by giving some relief to an airball strike.
    14. Once the wax was dry, I used a soft cloth to polish off the wax film.
    15. I vacuumed the playfield one last time. Blitz does not create all that flaky white wax dust that cheap waxes do, but it's just good practice.
    16. I put Mylar over all of the playfield touch ups to protect them from further wear. Since the playfield was freshly waxed, the Mylar will be easily removed if the playfield ever gets restored.
    17. I installed all new rubber and of course a new ball. New balls come with a film of oil from the factory. I cleaned the oil off with Brake Cleaner.

Vid, concerning #16, I wondered exactly how you did the Mylar over the touchups? For example, I have brought that pic into Photoshop and eyeballed "the broad's" thigh very closely where you touched it up, and I can't see where the Mylar is. Do you cut out a small circle that is just the size of the touchup, or is it a bigger piece?

That Future Spa playfield is so awesome. I love how the girls on the top left and right are fondling themselves. If I ever get one that needs to be restored, maybe I will make a decal of one more chick in a bikini to cover up Mr. Speedo

#828 7 years ago

What is your opinion about this one?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/maintenance-service/tools/6733/carnauba-wax-25-ml

Only "pinball" wax available here in Sweden except Mill Wax bottle.

#829 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/maintenance-service/tools/6733/carnauba-wax-25-ml

I think you can get P21S in Sweden.

#830 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Sorry, I've never heard of it.

There are millions of waxes in the world, and none of us will live long enough to try them all.

#831 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think you can get P21S in Sweden.

Swisswax.se seems to be the only one that have that in store, appearently, otherwise P21S is a set of good headphones

#832 7 years ago

Blitz is back in stock at pinball life:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4292

Sweet.

#834 7 years ago

Do they even sell paste wax?

Last I saw at the Mustang swap meet, they only had liquid silicone "waxes" that no one would use on their playfield.

#835 7 years ago

Yes but it is super expensive

#836 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Yes but it is super expensive

But how long does it last on a pin?

People here don't care about the cost if it's the longest lasting wax; and not just a bunch of silicone polymers.

#837 7 years ago

I don't have the wax I just use the wax/dirt remover and the paint sealer. Makes it super slick and shiny
    Any wax can be used over the sealer if you want.
    Here is the wax if you want to spend that much money.
    http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html?productid=wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax&channelid=FROOG&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_eu8BRDC-YLHusmTmMEBEiQArW6c-Hx6_9JxVvA4dadPRmC4t666ne69OICPJPHg5N607pgaAk4U8P8HAQ

#838 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I don't have the wax I just use the wax/dirt remover and the paint sealer. Makes it super slick and shiny
    Any wax can be used over the sealer if you want.
    Here is the wax if you want to spend that much money.
    http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html?productid=wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax&channelid=FROOG&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_eu8BRDC-YLHusmTmMEBEiQArW6c-Hx6_9JxVvA4dadPRmC4t666ne69OICPJPHg5N607pgaAk4U8P8HAQ

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen for $200

yhst-59860105761128_2269_228135487_(resized).jpgyhst-59860105761128_2269_228135487_(resized).jpg

German Super Polymers and Glossifiers!!!!!!!!!11

#839 7 years ago

Hey you pay for the bling. I do have to say that their stuff works fantastic
    Cleaner, gloss enhancer, sealer.

#840 7 years ago

Gee and I thought P21S silver at $54 was expensive....

https://www.amazon.com/New-P21S-100%25-Carnuba-6-2oz/dp/B00CI1D2HM/ref=sr_1_3

But its actually 100% carnauba

#841 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

If they contain silicone polymers, then they would not be anything pinheads would want on their playfields.

#842 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If they contain silicone polymers, then they would not be anything pinheads would want on their playfields.

Anything that is safe to use on the new car finishes is safe to use on a pinball machine. They have an automotive clearcoat on them, or you can choose to stay with 1980 technology.

#843 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Anything that is safe to use on the new car finishes is safe to use on a pinball machine.

Not true.

Please don't post nonsense like that here.

#844 7 years ago

Yes it is true

#845 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

You need some Zymol Royale Glaze only $9,345.00, but hurry only one left:
    https://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Royale-Glaze/dp/B000F3K0T8/ref=sr_1_1

#846 7 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

amazon.com link »

Haha. There are a few reviews on there that are great.

#847 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

"Bought this for my car and it started driving faster when going over 60mph then it started talking to me while going 20mph and then it gave birth to another car! This stuffs amazing!!!

-Verified Purchaser "

#848 7 years ago

FWIW Paint has changed,waxes have changed, but this old coot Vid is stuck in a time warp back in the 80's

#849 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

"This product looks AMAZING on my '99 Hyundai Tiburon. Sure, my family hasn't eaten anything but ketchup packets and ramen in months, but the compliments I got leaving the title pawn place were SO worth it!"

#850 7 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

amazon.com link »

Free refills for life...

There are 2,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.