Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by pokerag2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0722 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0721 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0719 (resized).JPG
    20171213_144049 (resized).jpg
    20171214_161242 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    quapron. (resized).jpg
    1238019_10200955426305546_1027554077_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

A comment about those operators decals. I believe they should be left on the game if they are undamaged and look good. During the 60's 70's and 80's when those decals where very common, operator's seldom sold games to other operators. As a result you can trace the history of a game from the factory to the distributor to the operator. You can figure out the distributor by where the operator was located. Up thru the 90's distributor's had territories they could sell games into. For example last year I purchased a 2 player Gottlieb Eye of the Tiger. The guy I bought the game from found the game in a operators warehouse in South Dakota. So the game went from Gottlieb to H&Z Vending in Omaha Nebraska, the distributor for South Dakota, to the operator on the sticker, to the guy I purchased the game from, to me. This may not mean anything to some but to many collectors knowing the history of a game is very interesting. In my mind having that operator sticker on a game makes the game more valuable. Much like having the goody bag or a manual and schematic for a game might. Just my humble opinion and thanks for reading.

#14 6 years ago

I do agree stickers that are all beat up have got to go. The stickers from TNT provide interesting information but should be located inside the cabinet. The TNT stickers are basically advertisement for TNT. The old operator stickers let the location know who to call for service. They where placed on the games long before the large scale collector market came along. When I see Todd at the Allentown show I will bring up this topic. If the game has a cashbox that would be a good place for a resellers sticker. Inside the game would also be a good location for any stickers from a game restorer such as High End Pins.

#17 6 years ago

I like that idea. I will mention it to Todd. What little I know of him he seems like a person that will listen to ideas that will improve his company's image.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-adhesives-off-playfield-aprons?tu=fingersport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.